Stockholm visit from Las Vegas

Reads 354 • Replies 2 • Started Wednesday, May 18, 2016 12:18:35 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

dwyerpg
beers 10838 º places 38 º 12:18 Wed 5/18/2016

I’ll be in Stockholm from May 25th-28th. I will be bringing some beers from Las Vegas to share/give away. Just let me know if you’re interested and we’ll try to set up a meeting, possibly at a brewery. Also, if anyone has some advice on a good brewery or bar to check out, let me know. Cheers!

omhper
beers 40214 º places 332 º 14:54 Wed 5/18/2016

I will not be in the country, but for a combination of beer and tourist experience I could recommend the brewpub Fjäderholmarnas Bryggeri, located at an island in the inlet, to which you can take a ferry from central Stockholm is a really nice experience in good weather - and the beer is sufficiently good to keep you happy there too.

Ölbryggan by Spritmuseum at Djurgården is another summer favourite by the sea, It is only open in fair weather thursday-saturday - in doubt call ahead: http://spritmuseum.se/en/home-page/about-spritmuseum/contact-us/

For a taste of really local, unhyped beer you should head to Katarina Ölkafé and drink something from a brewery you never heard of.

Apart from that I believe that place ratings pretty well reflects the beer scene.

Have fun, and remember that according to me it is mandatory to drink a Skebo cask ale and a Nynäshamn beer before moving on :-)

konstifik
beers 573 º places 37 º 10:22 Thu 5/19/2016

Breweries in Sweden are generally not open to public apart from groups booked in advance and very few have taprooms. Brewpubs are scarce. There are a few though and especially in Stockholm.

Stockholm Brewing are usually open to the public on Friday afternoons/evenings (5-9 pm) with a foodtruck outside. What I’ve had from them lately have been good.

Monk’s Café & Brewery have a few locations. The actual brewery is at the Wallingatan location. Their beers can be hit and miss.

Café Proviant have a small brewing system. I’ve only had their own beers at a festival and two out of three had off flavours that time.

Nya Carnegiebryggeriet is underrated on here IMO. The food is great to stunning and I have never had a bad beer from them, although a few have been a bit middle-of-the-road. They usually carry beers from a few other Swedish micros as well, and some Brooklyn Brewery beers. On the Friday you are in town there is a special dinner event with Brooklyn as part of the Brooklyn Brewery Mash Stockholm, so unless you wanna go to that I would recommend visiting some other night. They also do lunch on weekdays and there is a patio to sit outside. On Wednesdays they usually serve gravity pulls of their Kellerbier from a wooden cask.

I will probably be in town on Wednesday and Thursday, perhaps also Friday and/or Sunday. Would be happy to meet up if I have the time to spare.