"Success In" Series Idea

Reads 3063 • Replies 26 • Started Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:34:58 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

pellegjr
beers 396 º places 16 º 17:31 Wed 3/19/2014

Originally posted by HornyDevil
Originally posted by CLevar
Neat idea overall. I think it would be cool to try to, at the end of 4 or 5 of these things, pick a style and the three or four guidelines that we collectively decide on as being "successful" and brewing a batch of beer to swap. Not the same recipe mind you, but rather an adherence to the things people believe to create a successful beer within the chosen style.

I think it would be an interesting demonstration of how peoples’ interpretations of those “successful” criteria might be open to variation, and how different those beers could be as a result.

This is actually a fantastic idea. No specifics, just general guidelines, and let the brewer decide the rest. Count me in if we do it.

Based on CLevar’s ide above, who all would be interested in participating in a BIF for the first threax, IPA? I’m willing to organize/administrate if we have enough interest...

I’m thinking we do a 6 pk of the brewed IPA plus some locals? Thoughts?

CLevar
places 23 º 17:37 Wed 3/19/2014

Though I think that the characteristics chosen mean that I would be able to ferment 100% with Brett b. Trois, I’m going to be out of the country right around when a beer for this would be getting ready...so I’m going to have to pass.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 17:52 Wed 3/19/2014

This sounds great. Count me in. I have an IPA fermenting right now that I’d like some experienced feedback on.

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 20:33 Wed 3/19/2014

I’m in. When do we actually start?

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 20:37 Wed 3/19/2014

wha? I could if it’s convenient

pellegjr
beers 396 º places 16 º 03:36 Thu 3/20/2014

Here’s what I’m thinking:

From the start date you have 3 months to brew, ferment, bottle, and send your IPA to the assigned recipient in adherence to the top 3 success factors identified in the IPA thread. Your box would be a 6 pk of your IPA plus a 6 pk (or fl oz equivalent) of.locals.

You can brew and send your IPA to the recipient at any time during the three month window, ideally providing the recipient with advance notice as a comon courtesy.

What do we think?

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer