Summer In NW Arkansas

Reads 1223 • Replies 11 • Started Tuesday, June 3, 2014 2:53:38 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 14:53 Tue 6/3/2014

Hey Guys,

I’m going to be spending the next few months in Northwest Arkansas and would like to introduce myself to the group. Arkansas doesn’t really fit into any metro, so I thought I’d post here as this forum’s a bit more active than the alternatives.

I hope to make it up to STL in the near future to check out the scene. Feel free to let me know if you want to meet up for a beer. Also, definitely get in touch if you’re passing through the Bentonville/Fayetteville area between now and early August.

Cheers!

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 19:41 Wed 6/4/2014

I’m not from the area, but SOMEONE has to step up.

Welcome to the Heartland jackl!

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 07:38 Thu 6/5/2014

I’m no longer in the area or I’d reach out. Most of the STL people are over on STLHops, which has a fairly lively forum.

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 08:06 Mon 6/9/2014

Well, I’ll speak up and from STL. Welcome to the area. If you make it to STL I’d be happy to have a beer or two with you.

jandd1983
beers 7629 º places 418 º 15:00 Mon 6/9/2014

Let me know when you will be in town. If things work out, we can meet up a local place and have a beer or three.

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 16:05 Tue 6/10/2014

I am way too slow to look at the local forums postings. Do you have twitter? If so I can tell you of a few local (StL) people who are from Arkansas. They should be able to give you a few tips. And like Doran said, lets if you get to StL lets have a beer.

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 18:25 Wed 6/11/2014

Awesome, sounds like a bar crawl’s in order. Unfortunately I can’t make it up to RBSG, but I hope to visit sometime in early July.

Originally posted by Strykzone
Do you have twitter? If so I can tell you of a few local (StL) people who are from Arkansas. They should be able to give you a few tips.

Yes. I’ll send you a beermail.

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 20:21 Tue 7/29/2014

Hey STL Crew,

I’m going to make my long-overdue visit to St Louis this weekend. This is the rough itinerary I’ve planned:

Friday –
Get into town between 6-10pm. Head downtown to check out Bridge Tap House, Hair of The Dog. Potentially stop by Schlafly and Alpha Brewing depending on arrival time.

Saturday –
Wine & Cheese Place before hitting Pappy’s BBQ early. Visit Urban Chestnut before driving out to Perennial. Head back to hotel to drop off car. Cab into town to visit 4 Hands, Int’l Tap House, 33 Wine Shop, Square One.

Sunday –
Lunch at Bailey’s Range before a visit to Anheuser-Busch. Drive back to Arkansas.

Any tips/suggestions? Are there any newer places I should visit that haven’t gotten enough reviews to rise up the places rankings? Unfortunately it seems that beer attractions in STL are pretty spread out. Also, is Metrolink reliable? Unfortunately I’m staying out at a hotel near Clayton Metrolink during my stay.

If anyone’s around and wants to meet up for a beer, feel free to send me a message.

Cheers!

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 06:17 Wed 7/30/2014

If you’re by the Clayton Metrolink stop, you’re right by The Wine and Cheese Place, which I’m glad is already on your list. There’s also a new shop in Clayton called Craft Beer Cellars or something like that. I haven’t been there yet, but they seem to be doing it right from what I can tell.

If you have a choice between the Schlafly Tap Room and Alpha, Schlafly is a no-brainer.

The walk between 4 Hands, iTap, 33, and Square One is not too bad. Plenty of walking, but doable.

Which Urban Chestnut are you visiting? Both are fantastic.

The one I’d consider the biggest omission from your list is The Civil Life - which, I know, isn’t walkable from your other destinations. It’s basically between UCBC (either location) and Perennial.

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 13:37 Wed 7/30/2014

Originally posted by phaleslu
Which Urban Chestnut are you visiting? Both are fantastic.

The one I’d consider the biggest omission from your list is The Civil Life - which, I know, isn’t walkable from your other destinations. It’s basically between UCBC (either location) and Perennial.

If you could only stop at one Urban Chestnut location, which one would you pick? I was planning on heading to Urban Chestnut Midtown Brewery & Biergarten as it’s so close to Pappy’s.

Thanks for the suggestion of The Civil Life. I’ll add it to the list.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 13:50 Wed 7/30/2014

Depends on what atmosphere you want. The beer selection is somewhat larger at Midtown, and there’s a pub and biergarten. The Grove location is a massive, beautifully renovated warehouse with a long bar and communal tables. Both are really impressive. For your purposes, I’d stick with Midtown for more selection and proximity to Pappy’s.

But if you get back to STL someday soon, hit the Grove one. Both are worth visiting for sure.