Tallgrass Oktoberfest?

Reads 507 • Replies 4 • Started Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:59:09 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

troyc
beers 2869 º places 147 º 07:59 Tue 10/18/2011

Have you guys heard of a beer called ’Tallgrass Oktoberfest’? I was at a small beer festival in Moore, OK this weekend and the distributor for Tallgrass down here told me that it was specially brewed just for the event. I just wanted to check with you guys closer to the source before I added it. I find it hard to believe that they would brew a specialty beer just to send it out of state for a one-time small town festival.

Dansting
beers 222 º places 114 º 09:55 Tue 10/18/2011

I am not certain, but they had their own Oktoberfest this past weekend at well. They might have brewed a one time batch for festivals like the one you went to, theirs, and possibly the Wichita Beer Fest. But again, I don’t know for sure.

theisti
beers 5288 º places 1153 º 10:08 Tue 10/18/2011

Nathan, any info?

natedoggkc
beers 165 º 12:36 Wed 10/19/2011

It’s called Honeyfest and it is brewed with local honey. The plan was to get it in a few markets this year but most of it only made it to our Little Apple Oktoberfest that was this past weekend. It will be released again next year.

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 14:17 Wed 10/19/2011

Originally posted by natedoggkc
It’s called Honeyfest and it is brewed with local honey. The plan was to get it in a few markets this year but most of it only made it to our Little Apple Oktoberfest that was this past weekend. It will be released again next year.

Not seeing that one in the database here...you care to oblige us on that, man? 8)

Side note, apparently there was an oak-aged version of this for a Firkin Friday at Auntie Mae’s?

http://twtrland.com/profile/TallgrassBeer