Thornbridge : festival of beer.

Reads 812 • Replies 13 • Started Tuesday, July 1, 2014 1:55:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 01:46 Mon 7/7/2014

Had a couple of bottles of 2 month old Halcyon at the weekend. Seems to have developed a weird floral element.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 02:33 Mon 7/7/2014

Originally posted by DanielBrown
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by DanielBrown
Originally posted by madmitch76
Thornbridge - frustration! Back in the day I would.suggest in most peoples.top.ten. These days still interesting but ......

Say whaaaaat? Thornbridge still brilliant. Halcyon, Jaipur, Kipling, Raven - all masterpieces and super reliable staples of my beer cupboard. On cask and keg around the pubs of Sheff.... Blinding.

agree on those beers Dan, but as you rightly point out - staples.
what new thornbridge beers have stood out in the last 6 months or so?

Fair point. They retain a strong portion of my heart though.

Dan, I’m with you. I still love their staples which remain excellent. I suppose not all of their beers released recently have lived up to the staples. Some people focus more on the new beers, some people drink the staples, some drink both. Of the beers released in the last 12 months only 3 have I rated above 3.5. However I have had Halcyon, Jaipur, Tzara and Wild Swan in the past 12 months and all have been in the high 3s or low 4s.

hopbomber
beers 88 º places 40 º 03:23 Mon 7/7/2014

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Never knew this was on. If its on next year I will be making a big effort to pitch a tent.

It will be