Tokyo / Japan Ratebeer End of the Year meetup?

Reads 2590 • Replies 48 • Started Tuesday, November 17, 2015 8:14:20 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 18:58 Tue 12/8/2015

We did. two meet ups. Those around in December and a January meet up. There have been plenty of tastings recently so no one is missing out and thank you for your initiative KBL, though we still need to lock in a venue.

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 19:23 Tue 12/8/2015

Don’t worry, I wasn’t whinging. It’s just a shame that we can’t all do it at the same time. Guess that comes with the time of year. Maybe it’s time to start thinking about a third Ratebeer Japan gathering.

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 19:29 Tue 12/8/2015

No No I wasn’t saying that I just felt KBL was feeling a bit bad about it, so wanted to reassure him and thank him for his initiative. I think a proper RJG early next year would be great. Should we start a separate thread for it - Get it organised sooner rather than later?

KansaiBeerLvrs
beers 8487 º places 567 º 19:34 Tue 12/8/2015

For a proper RBJG I’d recommend in September during Keiyaki plus there are tons of holidays at that time. Yeah it’s far ahead but I figure it’s a time when most people are still in Japan and a short trip to Tokyo for RBJG and Keiyaki could get more out of towners to go. Not sure if I could get my wife’s OK but probably...

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 07:44 Wed 12/9/2015

Agreed. I thought the late December meetup became the default solo event. Glad we are planning something for January then. I agree with SB...wish there was a way we could all close the year out together, but it’s next to impossible with people’s travel plans and whatnot. Anyway, you guys have fun. Let’s start a January meetup event thread as well. I think meeting up at Keyaki is cool as well. Or organizing a time that we could do it when people don’t travel so much. It might be nice to rotate between Osaka and Tokyo or something every other year. I don’t know, just bouncing ideas off the wall.

KyotoLefty
beers 15097 º places 1059 º 22:31 Wed 12/16/2015

Hi Guys,
I won’t be able to make it on the 28th. My wife will have some days off after a few very busy months, and wants to go somewhere together, and that won’t be Tokyo! Anyhow, sorry about that, but I’m sure you will enjoy yourselves. I might be up for a meeting in January if it is between Jan 19-25.
Mark

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 07:02 Mon 1/4/2016

Great two part bottle share. Thanks to all that came and particularly Arturo for getting sh#t done. Cheers!

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 18:21 Mon 1/4/2016

Jonno. It was a pleasure to have beers with you and Davido. Look forward to another get together in April. Also, we need to get Juan into Ratebeer too.