Tom leaves Daisy at ’t Brugs Beertje

Reads 1678 • Replies 13 • Started Wednesday, November 18, 2015 10:24:48 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BlackHaddock
beers 15522 º places 1056 º 08:40 Thu 11/19/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
Do you have enough info to enter it as a place?
Should be worth a visit, although in general I prefer Gent and even Antwerp as a bit less touristy.

Brugge is too busy with tourists for it’s own good, but it has some World Class bars if you know where to go, not all in tourist infected city centre.

Gent is getting more tourists these days and I don’t think there ii such a good selection of bars either. Antwerp is also a great drinking city but Brugge is closer than both Gent and Antwerp for me by car. You didn’t mention Brussels, Ostend or Mons, each have decent beer bars with Brussels coming out on top of those three.

My Belgian city beer list is in this order:
Brugge
Antwerp
Brussels
Gent
Ostend
Mons

<*))))))><

Scopey
beers 24233 º places 728 º 10:36 Thu 11/19/2015

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Originally posted by Fin
Originally posted by joet
cadden tom?

Caddon Tom?

<*))))))><

Tom Cadden is Craft Beer Co (One of the main men)

Cheers Fin,

Don’t use Craft Beer Co, whatever it is: so had no idea who he was/is.

<*))))))><

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 02:46 Fri 11/20/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
Do you have enough info to enter it as a place?
Should be worth a visit, although in general I prefer Gent and even Antwerp as a bit less touristy.

Brugge is too busy with tourists for it’s own good, but it has some World Class bars if you know where to go, not all in tourist infected city centre.

Gent is getting more tourists these days and I don’t think there ii such a good selection of bars either. Antwerp is also a great drinking city but Brugge is closer than both Gent and Antwerp for me by car. You didn’t mention Brussels, Ostend or Mons, each have decent beer bars with Brussels coming out on top of those three.

My Belgian city beer list is in this order:
Brugge
Antwerp
Brussels
Gent
Ostend
Mons

<*))))))><

Now that you make me think of it, as touristy as Brugge is, Gent is that studenty. And yes, my last visit...4 years ago now...saw me finding the beer bars "meh". Yeah, the couple are outstanding, but crushed with students.

At least tourists give you something to point and laugh at. Students just make me feel old.

Let’s not talk up Oostende too much, please, hate to see it get crushed.