What food are you pairing right now?

Reads 982 • Replies 10 • Started Saturday, August 9, 2014 6:26:06 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DerWeg
beers 2175 º places 48 º 18:26 Sat 8/9/2014

Goose Island Pere Jaques + shavings of Parmigiana Reggiano.

Insane good.

rennat42
beers 5357 º places 205 º 18:51 Sat 8/9/2014

Smoked Gouda and my deer summer sausage with Boulevard Rye on Rye. Possibly the best pairing I’ve ever had.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 18:53 Sat 8/9/2014

Chicken and burgers with a Gordon Biersch mix pack of lagers.

BMMillsy
beers 1788 º places 120 º 19:27 Sat 8/9/2014

Tortellini and BA Big Sound. Useless pairing but we are in the middle of a move and the food options are limited.

capricho4
beers 18 º places 2 º 21:31 Sat 8/9/2014

Beer Camp WC DIPA, smoked pork tacos

Jow
beers 7344 º places 487 º 22:01 Sat 8/9/2014

At Dublin airport 5am local time having a Guinness with eggs, sausage, toast, beans, tomatoes. Lots of drinkers at bar. I’m coming from New York so this is midnight beer and snack for me these other jokers who knows.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 22:02 Sat 8/9/2014

Boulevard tank 7 paired to Asiago cheese rinded with Basil and olive oil. Works.

HaStuMiteZen99
beers 1111 º places 27 º 06:05 Sun 8/10/2014

For some reason, my immediate thought was that you were shaving parmesan into your Pere Jacques and I though "Bloody hell, this guy is hardcore."

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 10:41 Mon 8/11/2014

Paired torublesome with tzatziki, lightly sauteed cod with oregano and zucchini medallions with parmesan cheese.

Ok so Troublesome is not a good Gose. It’s a wheat beer brewed with corriander and is a bit bland and dull. With the food I had prepared I was expecting to serve a tart, almost sour fruity beer with a saline or salty finish. This beer had some sweet wheat for malt that was very forward, some lemon peel some earthy corriander which made it drink a bit more blandly and a bit heavier that a gose. It was creamy body and lackluster in the carbonation so it was slow on the palate. It did not engage the palate after my herbal and crisp vegtable dishes. I made tzatziki for some lightly sauteed cod flavored with oregano. Oregano is pungent but the fish is light and flaky. I made medallions of zuchhini with the skin on, flavored with a touch of parmesan cheese. I made cous cous (without the feta) with all it’s wonderful vegetables - tomatoes, olives and cucumber that has beautiful fresh dill in it! Light lovely cool verdant flavors waiting for that salty tart beer.

Troublesome by Off Color Brewing was no Gose and it did not pair well with my food. My food was excellent though.

This is my plate before I dolloped on the tztziki. I came up with the dishes after tasting anderson vally and westbrook goses.

McWorta
beers 1632 º places 156 º 11:13 Sat 8/30/2014

Originally posted by pinkie
Paired torublesome with tzatziki, lightly sauteed cod with oregano and zucchini medallions with parmesan cheese.

Ok so Troublesome is not a good Gose. It’s a wheat beer brewed with corriander and is a bit bland and dull. With the food I had prepared I was expecting to serve a tart, almost sour fruity beer with a saline or salty finish. This beer had some sweet wheat for malt that was very forward, some lemon peel some earthy corriander which made it drink a bit more blandly and a bit heavier that a gose. It was creamy body and lackluster in the carbonation so it was slow on the palate. It did not engage the palate after my herbal and crisp vegtable dishes. I made tzatziki for some lightly sauteed cod flavored with oregano. Oregano is pungent but the fish is light and flaky. I made medallions of zuchhini with the skin on, flavored with a touch of parmesan cheese. I made cous cous (without the feta) with all it’s wonderful vegetables - tomatoes, olives and cucumber that has beautiful fresh dill in it! Light lovely cool verdant flavors waiting for that salty tart beer.

Troublesome by Off Color Brewing was no Gose and it did not pair well with my food. My food was excellent though.

This is my plate before I dolloped on the tztziki. I came up with the dishes after tasting anderson vally and westbrook goses.

Nah no wait actually does not sound too bad at all. Actually I find it interesting. Ok it did not match expectations but putting those aside... sounds like a contrast-palate cleanser beer, could be interesting.
Expecting the Gose type ok fair enough that be a nice match.

Garrold
beers 10677 º places 149 º 14:43 Sat 8/30/2014

Salted caramel, chocolate polenta cake. With a bottle of Bible Belt.