Golden City Oatmeal Sout

Reads 188 • Replies 5 • Started Sunday, April 5, 2009 3:33:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

douglas88
admin
beers 13197 º places 398 º 15:33 Sun 4/5/2009

So footbalm and I picked up a bomber of Golden City Brewery Oatmeal Stout in Grand Junction. It is clearly labeled as ’Oatmeal Stout’. Yet there is no entry for this on the site. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Beaver
beers 2370 º places 18 º 17:58 Sun 4/5/2009

I had entered it in, but it looks like someone changed the name:

http://ratebeer.com/beer/golden-city-lookout-stout

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 18:39 Sun 4/5/2009

Lookout Stout is just the new name for the old Oatmeal Stout. I’ve cleaned this up (added Oatmeal Stout in parens and removed the duplicate entry).

douglas88
admin
beers 13197 º places 398 º 19:36 Sun 4/5/2009

Thanks a ton. So how long ago did they change the name?

brewerjeff1
19:45 Wed 4/15/2009

We did a public vote on the name last November and finally got the labels for it. So it is now official. I hope the bottle from Grand junction is ok. They come in and buy that directly from us so I never know how fresh it is or how it is stored. If you ever get an obviously bad bottle of my beer please email me so I can make it right.

Cheers,

Jeff Griffith
Head Brewer
Golden City Brewery
jeff@gcbrewery.com

douglas88
admin
beers 13197 º places 398 º 20:05 Wed 4/15/2009

Originally posted by brewerjeff1
We did a public vote on the name last November and finally got the labels for it. So it is now official. I hope the bottle from Grand junction is ok. They come in and buy that directly from us so I never know how fresh it is or how it is stored. If you ever get an obviously bad bottle of my beer please email me so I can make it right.

Cheers,

Jeff Griffith
Head Brewer
Golden City Brewery
jeff@gcbrewery.com

Thanks for the info. I enjoyed the beer a lot. Hopefully I’ll get to try more in the future.