Trip to Belgium with Founders Brewing

Reads 1904 • Replies 16 • Started Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:19:57 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

trevorjk
beers 1 º places 2 º 15:03 Tue 1/13/2015

Bring some lovely beer to share :) Maybe see you at De Struise?

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 22:53 Tue 1/13/2015

This price is vastly overpriced from someone that has done this trip a bunch of times.

kattt
09:24 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by bartlebier
Originally posted by digita7693
$2875 for 7 days and airfare isn’t included?
Draft Westvleteren: add $1000.

Ah rats - you’re right - I actually haven’t been to Vrede because it was closed when I was in that area but they continually refer to it as the "official tap".... but yes, google searching reveals just bottles....

kattt
09:26 Thu 1/15/2015

Thanks for your comments and for checking out the trip.

The price is rather higher than if you did the trip on your own on a budget, sure, I’ve done it my own, on a budget.

Of course we are a business making a modest profit, there’s that. But the trip does include nicer accommodation than you would probably choose trying to do it as cheaply as possible, some expensive meals and many others that aren’t as expensive - but either way people are allowed to order basically whatever beers they want to accompany their food, transportation you don’t have to think about, private tours and tastings, etc. And the ability to just show up and have an amazing experience without spending hours upon hours researching and arranging. And yeah, I suppose that getting to spend a week traveling in Belgium with one of the founders of Founders brewing is a pretty cool opportunity and learning experience for some people.

Anyway - not trying to be argumentative here - was expecting a lukewarm response on a forum of people for whom planning the trip is probably half the fun, but wanted to put it out there anyway. And thanks again because I’m sure some of you also posted some of the useful information I read during the many, many hours I spent planning this trip.

Sante!

kattt
09:28 Thu 1/15/2015

Originally posted by tdtm82
Can’t help but think a visit to Struise is a good thing to include. I can check with Urbain if they are open then.

We have a tour and tasting set up with them on April 29. Thank you so much though!

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 09:49 Thu 1/15/2015

I don’t think anyone here is shitting on your trip, planning or earning a profit. Just giving me thoughts that while I wouldn’t take you up on this particular trip, the price isn’t outrageous for a beer tour like this. have a great time.