TVs for football, good beer, no assholes?

Reads 233 • Replies 7 • Started Sunday, October 18, 2015 12:30:56 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

craftycarl21
beers 2338 º places 93 º 12:30 Sun 10/18/2015

Looking for a place to watch Sunday Night/Monday Night Football that has TVs and a good beer selection. Are there TVs at Brouwer’s? The lady and I were planning on checking out Fremont this afternoon so that would be ideal, but open to anything that has the above criteria. Thanks!

Prufrockstar
beers 2132 º places 83 º 19:36 Sun 10/18/2015

Paging after4ever for the definitive answer.

Until then, I’d say: Brouwers has one small tv in the corner. Beer Authority up on Lake City way has good beer and a few TVs showing the game(s). Uber tavern has a few TVs that play sports. Elliott Bay on Lake City Way as well.

SHIG
admin
beers 13087 º places 502 º 19:51 Sun 10/18/2015

You’re in 12th man country good luck not dealing with assholes. Just kidding! I really need to get down to Seattle to do some beer hunting however I doubt it would ever be during a sports season unless for Yankee game.

beastiefan2k
beers 5013 º places 294 º 03:41 Mon 10/19/2015

what part of Seattle are you in?

Additionally, to me it seems that Seattle fans are very tame and you wont find asshole-y, uber-drunk, and macho sports bars. Maybe they exist but I haven’t noticed that culture around here.

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 14:12 Mon 10/19/2015

Hope you found a good spot last night. Uber Tavern is a great sports/beer combo when in town. Small place, smaller screens, but pretty insane tap and bottle lists.

Hellbent and Maritime Pacific both have good-sized TVs; Hellbent probably gets the edge for beer between those two. Big Time packs them in for games, and IMO their beers have been really, really nice lately (especially casks). TVs aren’t huge, but they work.

For sports-first, beer-second options, Buckley’s at both locations has some decent (but ordinary) beers. The Angry Beaver does a decent job as well.

dicemanstl
beers 21 º places 1 º 14:55 Mon 10/19/2015

Beveridge Place & West Seattle Brewing both have decent sized TVs. We went to WSB yesterday to watch the Sounders game and the beers I had were pretty good, MUCH better than the beers I had before they closed for remodeling.

dicemanstl
beers 21 º places 1 º 14:57 Mon 10/19/2015

I should also note, that they had the Seahawks game on the projection screen with sound, so I think that their "Soccer first" policy only extends to times when there isn’t a hawks game going on (or if there were more Sounders fans than hawks fans, but the ratio was probably 2:1 hawks:sounders)

craftycarl21
beers 2338 º places 93 º 15:13 Mon 10/19/2015

Thanks for the tips guys! We ended up at Brouwer’s and it worked out great, but looking for another place tonight as I’m an Eagles fan (the horror) so we’ll check out some of these other suggestions. Cheers!