UK RB trip to Bristle

Reads 4162 • Replies 58 • Started Monday, December 29, 2014 7:05:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 04:21 Tue 1/6/2015

I’d be really tempted, as I’ve only been back once since moving away 10 years ago. however I’m hopefully down in March to brew with Jon at Arbor - not set a date but unlikely to be 28th//29th weekend...

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 04:45 Tue 1/6/2015

Originally posted by evilempire
I’d be really tempted, as I’ve only been back once since moving away 10 years ago. however I’m hopefully down in March to brew with Jon at Arbor - not set a date but unlikely to be 28th//29th weekend...

wonder if we could tie the two together at a weekend?

mR_fr0g
beers 29176 º places 44 º 16:28 Fri 1/9/2015

Yeah Sarah and I have been meaning to have a weekend down in Bristol for a while now so we are well up for this. We have holidays booked 21-28th March so that isn’t great for us. Chris’s plan for the 14-15 weekend would work for us. Either that or any April weekend at the moment is fine.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 04:33 Sat 1/10/2015

Perhaps 11th and 12th April then (i’m away that middle week in March and first week in April is Easter and im on call.)

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 06:53 Mon 1/12/2015

looks like I’ll be in Brizzle Sunday 15th March. Guessing that’s not gonna suit people... probably just as well as I’ll be with Gazza and he’d only end up arguing with everyone ;)

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 06:50 Wed 1/28/2015

bump!

OK so we’re looking at Sat 28th March for this, with potential for an overnight stay and more pubs/breweries on Sunday

Spoken to Moor, they’re happy to organise a proper tour of the new brewery for us @£18 per person including 6 thirds in tasting room. May be able to sample some fusion variants

So a) please state whether you’re up for coming to Bristol on that date and b) are you interested in the Moor tour and tasting?

I have a full plan of action in mind but want to get idea of numbers first!

Leighton
beers 33746 º places 1204 º 06:58 Wed 1/28/2015

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
bump!

OK so we’re looking at Sat 28th March for this, with potential for an overnight stay and more pubs/breweries on Sunday

Spoken to Moor, they’re happy to organise a proper tour of the new brewery for us @£18 per person including 6 thirds in tasting room. May be able to sample some fusion variants

So a) please state whether you’re up for coming to Bristol on that date and b) are you interested in the Moor tour and tasting?

’Happy’ to do a tour if we pay £18pp...would we be getting treated any differently than a typical customer? Not that as RB users we deserve special treatment; I’d just like to understand if this is a special arrangement or a standard service that Moor offers.

And at £18 a head, that’s a pretty expensive tour, even with a couple pints.

Isn’t Moor going to have a taproom going? My preference would be to visit the taproom and try beers there.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40681 º places 1239 º 07:33 Wed 1/28/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by Beersiveknown
bump!

’Happy’ to do a tour if we pay £18pp...would we be getting treated any differently than a typical customer? Not that as RB users we deserve special treatment; I’d just like to understand if this is a special arrangement or a standard service that Moor offers.

And at £18 a head, that’s a pretty expensive tour, even with a couple pints.

Isn’t Moor going to have a taproom going? My preference would be to visit the taproom and try beers there.

Not sure if I can make it yet but with LKS - £18 is a touch pricey.

2 pints at the brewery for cost would be what ... £2-3 for them tops?

Last tour I did was Tring a few years back and that was £15 with unlimited beer and a fish and chip supper.

Scopey
beers 24234 º places 728 º 07:35 Wed 1/28/2015

I will investigate this tonight and see if I can make it or not.

BlackHaddock
beers 15522 º places 1056 º 09:11 Wed 1/28/2015

I am out!

Have organised a CAMRA coach trip around Leek and the Stoke-on-Trent area on the 28th March.

<*))))))><