Upcoming Ohio Breweries

Reads 1713 • Replies 19 • Started Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:58:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 14:58 Thu 5/21/2015

I was updating some Ohio brewery info today and decided to start keeping a list of all the breweries currently in development. I’m sure I’m missing a few, but here are 11 currently in the works (with their location, a note, and my best guess at opening based on available info):

Lucky Owl Brewing - Bainbridge Township/Chagrin Falls - First beer released at a bar on 4/16/15, but no phone, address, or email. Will enter when info is available.

Earlybird Brewing - Cleveland - Brewing first batch as of 5/14/15. No address, phone, email, or official launch date. Early Summer?

Fibonacci Brewing Company - Mt. Healthy - Licenses approved, first batch ready to start. Opening date TBA by early June.

Restoration Brew Worx - Delaware - Social media has been relatively quiet this spring. Summer?

Devil’s Kettle Brewing - Athens - Licenses approved. Build-out nearing completion. Opening by Ohio Brew Week (July 10-18).

Little Fish Brewing Company - Athens - Earlier in build-out process than Devil’s Kettle, but hope to have some beer available in time for Ohio Brew Week (July 10-18). Place might not be open by then, though.

Scenic Brewing Company - North Canton - Currently in build-out phase. No launch date yet. Mid-late summer?

Multiple Brewing Company - Nelsonville - Not sure if any OBW presence. Expected launch in late August.

Forest City Brewery - Cleveland - Have started to appear at events. Renovations underway. Late summer?

North River Brewing Company - Wauseon - Build-out phase. No launch date yet. Late summer?

Ferndock Brewing Company - Sandusky - Currently in Platform’s incubator program. Seem to have a good handle on the business side of things. 2016?

If I’m missing any, please add below!

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 07:32 Mon 5/25/2015

Originally posted by phaleslu
I was updating some Ohio brewery info today and decided to start keeping a list of all the breweries currently in development. I’m sure I’m missing a few, but here are 11 currently in the works (with their location, a note, and my best guess at opening based on available info):

Lucky Owl Brewing - Bainbridge Township/Chagrin Falls - First beer released at a bar on 4/16/15, but no phone, address, or email. Will enter when info is available.

Earlybird Brewing - Cleveland - Brewing first batch as of 5/14/15. No address, phone, email, or official launch date. Early Summer?

If I’m missing any, please add below!

I’ve talked to the guy from Earlybird although it was a few years ago. Glad to see him finally moving forward with his goal - the beers I tried were very solid.

Do you have any more information on Lucky Owl? That would be a local which I can look into to get some more details if you have any starting points.

jsquire
beers 6960 º places 321 º 08:28 Mon 5/25/2015

Ohio is blowing up. I hope these people all have a solid business plan. And make good beer.

jsquire
beers 6960 º places 321 º 09:59 Mon 5/25/2015

Chops and Hops Brew Haus -- Bellefontaine It looks like the restaurant side has opened but I haven’t heard any news about the brewing part.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 11:27 Tue 5/26/2015

Originally posted by jsquire
Chops and Hops Brew Haus -- Bellefontaine It looks like the restaurant side has opened but I haven’t heard any news about the brewing part.

Same here. They’re getting nice stuff on tap, given the lack of options in the area, but I don’t think a date is set for the in-house brewery operations to start up. I have a message in with them, and will let you guys know if I hear anything.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 11:30 Tue 5/26/2015

Originally posted by Brigadier
Do you have any more information on Lucky Owl? That would be a local which I can look into to get some more details if you have any starting points.

Lucky Owl launched on 4/16 with a grapefruit IPA at Burntwood Tavern in Chagrin Falls. That would be enough to put them in the database as an active brewer, but aside from a Facebook page and website, I can’t find any other contact info - address, phone, email, etc.

Burntwood liked the beer and the turnout and have committed to having Lucky Owl on tap through the rest of the summer. Supposedly the same IPA without grapefruit, a session IPA, and red ale are also ready to go.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 11:32 Tue 5/26/2015

Another one that may be of interest to the northern OH crew: Lake Erie Microbrewery (St. Hazards Resort) has long been in the works and will be opening soon. I called this morning. Not sure of the other details yet.

J.F. Walleyes, which was also out on those islands, is no longer brewing. Confirmed that last week.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 08:28 Tue 6/2/2015

Originally posted by jsquire

From their Facebook page:

"Chops and Hops will be closing temporarily starting Tuesday, June 2nd and reopening in the fall.

During this break we will be working on our menu and our brews. Chops will still be available for your private events and catering needs.

Have a relaxing and safe summer and see you in the fall!"

JStax
beers 10650 º places 821 º 08:35 Tue 6/2/2015

According to their facebook, Devils Kettle is having their grand opening this Saturday. The event has been added to the events page.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 08:50 Tue 6/2/2015

Ahead of schedule, nice. I entered the brewery here: http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/devils-kettle-brewing/23251/

There is also a place entry: http://www.ratebeer.com/p/devils-kettle-brewing/54746/

No beer info yet, just a few hashtagged names on their Facebook page. I’ll try to get some entries in before Saturday if any info leaks, but otherwise just enter the new beers under that master listing. (Thanks, JStax!)

phaleslu
admin
beers 16534 º places 792 º 11:48 Tue 6/2/2015

Also, Forest City Brewery’s place is a few months out but they’re pouring at events so I now have them in the database.

Still searching unsuccessfully for info (especially an address) for Lucky Owl.