Update Report - app

Reads 959 • Replies 8 • Started Monday, August 14, 2017 11:26:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 11:26 Mon 8/14/2017

Today’s updates
--
Today we’re release RateBeer v1.2 on the App Store and Google Play. There are a lot of improvements and changes in this release. Some highlights:

Moved rating directly to the beer’s profile.
Ratings now save to the RateBeer platform immediately after rating.
Adding notes to a review is now on it’s own screen, providing more real estate to the user for a review.
Provided some onboarding instructions about rating to the slider itself to reduce user confusion.
Reduced the amount of steps to rate a beer.
Provided network status to the rating slider, so the user knows if the rating has been saved to the RateBeer platform or not.

Multiple bug fixes including:
Better error handling for network requests.
Fixed an issue with reviews where they wouldn’t update for a particular beer after viewing it the first time.
Fixed the beer info not loading all the time.

Began providing release notes in the 9 languages we are now currently supporting.
Removed errant permissions requests on Android.
Added Microsoft’s Mobile Center for better crash reporting.
Improved reliability of AB testing mechanisms.
Added routes for deep linking on iOS.
Added tracking for attribution on app installs for iOS and Android.

cgarvieuk
beers 37692 º places 457 º 14:25 Mon 8/14/2017

Still sucks

Tempes pulls up lots of tempest beers including all my reviews, so difficult to see new beers

Where as Tempe man fails to find tempest mango.

Frankly the app is an embarrassment. And search is useless. For the first time im really concerned for the future of ratebeer

adamnowek
beers 7153 º places 117 º 16:53 Mon 8/14/2017

Still an utter waste of time. We don’t care about whether or not you can AB test things on your users; we care if you’re actually listening to feedback from the community.

Thankfully, the app’s rating on Google Play is a hysterical 1.9; even the Tecate Michelada has a higher rating than that.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 17:17 Mon 8/14/2017

The release notes in Swedish are quite bad. Doesn’t seem proof read even as there’s a couple obvious grammar mistakes. The writing style fits a fifteen year old.

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 19:17 Mon 8/14/2017

How’s the graphQL?

blipp
beers 14895 º places 219 º 19:28 Mon 8/14/2017

Originally posted by puzzl
How’s the graphQL?

Hopefully the API docs have been updated....

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 19:51 Mon 8/14/2017

Originally posted by blipp
Originally posted by puzzl
How’s the graphQL?

Hopefully the API docs have been updated....

The funny part is that I work really closely with the guys (and lady) that build/maintain GraphQL.

Bitterbill
beers 3241 º places 25 º 20:52 Mon 8/14/2017

Originally posted by joet
Today’s updates
--
Today we’re release RateBeer v1.2 on the App Store and Google Play. There are a lot of improvements and changes in this release. Some highlights:

Moved rating directly to the beer’s profile.
Ratings now save to the RateBeer platform immediately after rating.
Adding notes to a review is now on it’s own screen, providing more real estate to the user for a review.
Provided some onboarding instructions about rating to the slider itself to reduce user confusion.
Reduced the amount of steps to rate a beer.
Provided network status to the rating slider, so the user knows if the rating has been saved to the RateBeer platform or not.

Multiple bug fixes including:
Better error handling for network requests.
Fixed an issue with reviews where they wouldn’t update for a particular beer after viewing it the first time.
Fixed the beer info not loading all the time.

Began providing release notes in the 9 languages we are now currently supporting.
Removed errant permissions requests on Android.
Added Microsoft’s Mobile Center for better crash reporting.
Improved reliability of AB testing mechanisms.
Added routes for deep linking on iOS.
Added tracking for attribution on app installs for iOS and Android.

I’ll wait until I see a thumbs up from a romper room of Ratebeerians.

wchesser
beers 2435 º places 44 º 21:33 Mon 8/14/2017

I don’t see the a bug fix that will allow me to login to the app. When is that coming?