RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

We might soon have a new worlds best beer!

read 2862 times • 53 replies • posted 8/1/2012 7:26:35 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

premium
DocLock 7502:144
I may be mistaken, but I think this is Turd Fergusonís first perfecto robusto (and, no, I don;t have the time or desire to research that). I have traded with him and trust his judgment. I cannot wait for this beer. And Hill Farmstead has an excellent pedigree for making great beers, so this should not be poo-pooed by anyone.
8/1/2012 6:32:39 PM

Private message send the author a private message

ContemplateBeer 1436:105
Originally posted by DocLock
I may be mistaken, but I think this is Turd Fergusonís first perfecto robusto (and, no, I don;t have the time or desire to research that). I have traded with him and trust his judgment. I cannot wait for this beer. And Hill Farmstead has an excellent pedigree for making great beers, so this should not be poo-pooed by anyone.
Turd has two perfect 5s:

Beer Brewer Style Score My Rating Date
1 Russian River Toronado 20th Anniversary
Russian River Brewing
Sour Ale/Wild Ale 4.11 5 8/5/2008
2 Hill Farmstead Ann
Hill Farmstead Brewery
Saison 3.93 5 7/20/2012

That took all of two seconds (thatís what she said).
8/1/2012 6:36:38 PM

BelgBeerGeek 1297:33
Originally posted by JMerritt
Originally posted by Countbeer
Best Saisons are from Belgium. Period!

Not sure if being serious, but ...

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerstyles/saison/45/

Can be ... but Saison is as much Belgium as Lambic is Belgium itís invented here and itíll stay together with lambic and Oud Bruin one of the true prouds of beer in Belgiums big beerhistory.
( altough i have to admit that most Belgians donít care about anything else than their Jupiler and Leffe ... )
8/1/2012 6:39:54 PM

premium
DocLock 7502:144
Ah, man, I am jealous that he got his hands on Toronado 20, and thanks for checking that.
8/1/2012 6:42:42 PM

premium
obguthr 3438:20
Originally posted by Beeerboi
You have to give it to the Hill Farmstead people, they are pretty smart at creating hype.

Make a limited beer, age it in wine barrels, wax it, and only share it with friends (as few of the ratings show) or sell it to people locally. Fight distribution and ebay and such so that it never gets out to a wider audience, and there you go, 10 or or so of the 50 best beers in the world, probably best brewery in the world in 2012 and they are a legend. Much like Struise did it a couple of years ago and actually got on top of the brewery list.

They do make excellent beers though, dont get me wrong

Where should I live if I want easy access to both Struise and Hill Farmstead? I could live a happy and contented life drinking only beers from these two breweries.
8/1/2012 6:49:28 PM

premium
GT2 7895:535
Originally posted by obguthr
Originally posted by Beeerboi
You have to give it to the Hill Farmstead people, they are pretty smart at creating hype.

Make a limited beer, age it in wine barrels, wax it, and only share it with friends (as few of the ratings show) or sell it to people locally. Fight distribution and ebay and such so that it never gets out to a wider audience, and there you go, 10 or or so of the 50 best beers in the world, probably best brewery in the world in 2012 and they are a legend. Much like Struise did it a couple of years ago and actually got on top of the brewery list.

They do make excellent beers though, dont get me wrong

Where should I live if I want easy access to both Struise and Hill Farmstead? I could live a happy and contented life drinking only beers from these two breweries.

Next door to Ebenezzars
8/1/2012 7:02:28 PM

premium
puzzl 3239:138
Best Saisons are from Belgium. Period!

90% of the time, a Belgian saison will be better. But the best saisons Iíve had are from the US, without fail. Between Tomme and Phil of yore and now places like Jolly Pumpkin and Hill (and some of those Bullfrog masterpieces) it is impossible to deny the absolute dominance that American brewers display in the categoryówell, besides Fantome.
8/1/2012 7:02:51 PM

JLLSU 238:1
Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux

Such a good beer.
8/1/2012 7:04:32 PM

BelgBeerGeek 1297:33
Originally posted by JLLSU
Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux

Such a good beer.

One of the best ! ( and i mean beers not only saison ! )
8/1/2012 7:57:48 PM

premium
daknole 8540:359
Looks like Iím SOL landing this one. Offered Isabelle, blauw, etc without a bite. Oh well.
8/1/2012 8:35:44 PM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers