We might soon have a new worlds best beer!

Reads 3794 • Replies 53 • Started Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:26:35 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DocLock
beers 11541 º places 158 º 18:32 Wed 8/1/2012

I may be mistaken, but I think this is Turd Ferguson’s first perfecto robusto (and, no, I don;t have the time or desire to research that). I have traded with him and trust his judgment. I cannot wait for this beer. And Hill Farmstead has an excellent pedigree for making great beers, so this should not be poo-pooed by anyone.

Originally posted by DocLock
I may be mistaken, but I think this is Turd Ferguson’s first perfecto robusto (and, no, I don;t have the time or desire to research that). I have traded with him and trust his judgment. I cannot wait for this beer. And Hill Farmstead has an excellent pedigree for making great beers, so this should not be poo-pooed by anyone.
Turd has two perfect 5s:

Beer Brewer Style Score My Rating Date
1 Russian River Toronado 20th Anniversary
Russian River Brewing
Sour Ale/Wild Ale 4.11 5 8/5/2008
2 Hill Farmstead Ann
Hill Farmstead Brewery
Saison 3.93 5 7/20/2012

That took all of two seconds (that’s what she said).

BelgBeerGeek
beers 1307 º places 38 º 18:39 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by JMerritt
Originally posted by Countbeer
Best Saisons are from Belgium. Period!

Not sure if being serious, but ...

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerstyles/saison/45/

Can be ... but Saison is as much Belgium as Lambic is Belgium it’s invented here and it’ll stay together with lambic and Oud Bruin one of the true prouds of beer in Belgiums big beerhistory.
( altough i have to admit that most Belgians don’t care about anything else than their Jupiler and Leffe ... )

DocLock
beers 11541 º places 158 º 18:42 Wed 8/1/2012

Ah, man, I am jealous that he got his hands on Toronado 20, and thanks for checking that.

obguthr
beers 11722 º places 22 º 18:49 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by Beeerboi
You have to give it to the Hill Farmstead people, they are pretty smart at creating hype.

Make a limited beer, age it in wine barrels, wax it, and only share it with friends (as few of the ratings show) or sell it to people locally. Fight distribution and ebay and such so that it never gets out to a wider audience, and there you go, 10 or or so of the 50 best beers in the world, probably best brewery in the world in 2012 and they are a legend. Much like Struise did it a couple of years ago and actually got on top of the brewery list.

They do make excellent beers though, dont get me wrong

Where should I live if I want easy access to both Struise and Hill Farmstead? I could live a happy and contented life drinking only beers from these two breweries.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 19:02 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by obguthr
Originally posted by Beeerboi
You have to give it to the Hill Farmstead people, they are pretty smart at creating hype.

Make a limited beer, age it in wine barrels, wax it, and only share it with friends (as few of the ratings show) or sell it to people locally. Fight distribution and ebay and such so that it never gets out to a wider audience, and there you go, 10 or or so of the 50 best beers in the world, probably best brewery in the world in 2012 and they are a legend. Much like Struise did it a couple of years ago and actually got on top of the brewery list.

They do make excellent beers though, dont get me wrong

Where should I live if I want easy access to both Struise and Hill Farmstead? I could live a happy and contented life drinking only beers from these two breweries.

Next door to Ebenezzars

puzzl
beers 3258 º places 138 º 19:02 Wed 8/1/2012

Best Saisons are from Belgium. Period!

90% of the time, a Belgian saison will be better. But the best saisons I’ve had are from the US, without fail. Between Tomme and Phil of yore and now places like Jolly Pumpkin and Hill (and some of those Bullfrog masterpieces) it is impossible to deny the absolute dominance that American brewers display in the category—well, besides Fantome.

JLLSU
beers 238 º places 1 º 19:04 Wed 8/1/2012

Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux

Such a good beer.

BelgBeerGeek
beers 1307 º places 38 º 19:57 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by JLLSU
Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux

Such a good beer.

One of the best ! ( and i mean beers not only saison ! )

daknole
beers 11050 º places 464 º 20:35 Wed 8/1/2012

Looks like I’m SOL landing this one. Offered Isabelle, blauw, etc without a bite. Oh well.