What are you drinking? Part 2

Reads 4465 • Replies 69 • Started Friday, September 7, 2012 8:46:00 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

VertBaconStrips
beers 2445 º places 4 º 22:28 Mon 9/10/2012

agreed. I still put westy 3rd behind rochefort and st. b. all are excellent! yes.

Breathe deep, place your hands in Anjali Mudra and relax. One deep seeded Om will not only open your heart but open your mind. Then proceed to open your aged Trappist beer, accept enlightenment and transcend to the heavens..... then open another. And a third.. I feel closer to spiritual perfection at this moment as I consider how connected to my true purpose I will be when I drink my 4th.. it’s a great night! :)

VertBaconStrips
beers 2445 º places 4 º 22:29 Mon 9/10/2012

Namaste, bitches.

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 22:51 Mon 9/10/2012

You are one wise Beer Swami!
Fuck are my chakras balanced now!

gramity
beers 1829 º places 41 º 07:35 Tue 9/11/2012

Originally posted by VerticalBaconStrips
Namaste, bitches.

LOL!

WheatKing
beers 1351 º 03:54 Wed 9/12/2012

Going through a Van Steenberge mix pack of six Belgian ales... includes Gulden Draak and Piraat. Probably basic stuff for a lot of you guys but right up my ally right now.

gramity
beers 1829 º places 41 º 06:42 Wed 9/12/2012

Originally posted by WheatKing
Going through a Van Steenberge mix pack of six Belgian ales... includes Gulden Draak and Piraat. Probably basic stuff for a lot of you guys but right up my ally right now.

Nice! Those are some of the beers that really got me into being a beer geek. I especially remember trying Piraat on tap at Taphouse Bar & Grill in Seattle while on vacation. That alongside Deschutes Obsidian Stout was enough for me to start asking myself if beer that good was available at home.

WheatKing
beers 1351 º 20:05 Wed 9/12/2012

Nice... Piraat on tap must be heavenly; I didn’t know that was available in North America.

I got into good beer in Brighton, UK a couple years ago. I’d just arrived from Cambodia, and was visiting my friend for a month. He was working until 5 so I walked around the town for the afternoon and stopped in at a random neighbourhood pub for a pint. Sat at the only open space, across from a guy who looked like Darth Vader without the mask, wearing a long trenchcoat. Kept licking his lips and making repeated puckering noises, "puh puh puh". I didn’t understand why until I trepidatiously ordered the beer on special, which turned out to be Dark Star Espresso Stout, as I was in their home bar, the Evening Star! I’d never realized beer could taste so good.

Every pub we went to that month, which was more than we’d care to admit, we made a point of ordering the local ale. When the trip was done and I returned to Southeast Asia, I decided to start writing down my thoughts on the beers I’d tried. Unfortunately... it was Southeast Asia. So I’ve been pretty amazed by what’s on offer here in North America since arriving back in March.

pintbypint
beers 4327 º places 35 º 15:50 Thu 9/13/2012

Originally posted by WheatKing

I remember picking up that mixed pack when I lived in Ontario, some nice beers in there. Gulden Draak is a solid beer, think I even have the glass somewhere. And I always liked Piraat too. Used to have my user pic with me holding a bottle of Piraat!

pintbypint
beers 4327 º places 35 º 15:52 Thu 9/13/2012

Drinking this year’s Pumpkin Pi(e). Good beer as always.

Savvy1982
beers 1706 º places 70 º 16:46 Thu 9/13/2012

Rocking the Jolly Pumpkin ESBam and the new Half Pints Noche de los Alebrijes. Good times with Thursday Night Football.