What makes a brewery your favorite brewery?

Reads 1684 • Replies 33 • Started Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:04:53 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FatPhil
beers 26061 º places 995 º 15:34 Wed 6/8/2016

No fuckups, and a bearable price. Hence Heller (Schlenkerla) and Het Anker (Gouden Carolus). (And more recently Kees, but I have to mail order those)

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 15:45 Wed 6/8/2016

hote goldes

malvrich
beers 930 º places 5 º 18:00 Wed 6/8/2016

Originally posted by spacecoyote
Strictly the beer.

I just happen to have a new favorite brewery:
http://www.lynnwoodgrill.com/lynnwood-brewing-concern/
I don’t even go to breweries but I’m going to this one.
It happens to be very conveniently located to me which helps.
Nothing of interest on their food menu.
The beers, on the other hand are fantastic. I have tried a few in cans and all have been great.
Not all are yet canned though and I simply must try more of their beers.
It’s all about the beer.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 18:08 Wed 6/8/2016

Who says you can have only one favorite brewery?

b3shine
beers 12184 º places 372 º 18:13 Wed 6/8/2016

Originally posted by Homer321
The shitters

We’ve got a Hill Farmstead Homer, I see.

Quality of beer, atmosphere, location, and staff are my 4 primary variables, followed by food (if it’s available).

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 19:09 Wed 6/8/2016

The more I think about this, I realize it’s more the people and atmosphere that keep me visiting a place. Truthfully, we’re at a point where I can have great beer anytime. If I’m going out, it’s primarily to be with people I enjoy.

Of course there’s a tipping point where if the beer is lousy and never changing, I wouldn’t visit very often. That being said, I’m likely to go to a relaxed, welcoming brewery with average beer more often than a chaotic, cold, or unwelcoming brewery with above average beer.

bnielsen13
beers 265 º places 1 º 19:12 Wed 6/8/2016

Atmosphere in the taproom helps, but the beer is the deciding factor as far as favorite brewery goes. Though my favorite place to hangout, may be a brewery that is not my favorite brewery.

Jow
beers 7344 º places 487 º 20:03 Wed 6/8/2016

My favorite current brewery is Grimm. They don’t have a taproom yet. But they put out new beers a few times a month and I always find them exciting and yummy. They probably lose a few points for hype making bottles and cans a bit tough to get but everything shows up on tap and is easy to get that way for me. Also Maine Beer and Allagash I get excited for all their new stuff. So to answer for me excitement + new cool stuff + availability.

UDBeernut
beers 2883 º places 348 º 20:31 Wed 6/8/2016

the beer, the "scenery," the food

peepthesot
beers 10 º places 6 º 21:04 Wed 6/8/2016

In general, what I look for in my favorite "craft" brewers is quality and consistency.
As far as my ’local’ brewers, I look for beer that doesn’t taste like rookie homebrew. Finding local brewers who can meet _that_ simple criterion seems to be something of a challenge.