what’s going on in Sacramento?

Reads 3130 • Replies 32 • Started Friday, March 13, 2015 6:25:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 18:25 Fri 3/13/2015

There’s about as many breweries in your area than San Diego (if you consider the whole i-80 corridor your area) , but I never hear anything about the breweries and bars. What’s new? What’s good? What’s going out of business? Anyone ever work through the entire Power Club lineup?

I think I need to visit family in this area as an excuse to visit some breweries.

DYCSoccer17
beers 3746 º places 344 º 20:42 Fri 3/13/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
There’s about as many breweries in your area than San Diego (if you consider the whole i-80 corridor your area) , but I never hear anything about the breweries and bars. What’s new? What’s good? What’s going out of business? Anyone ever work through the entire Power Club lineup?

I think I need to visit family in this area as an excuse to visit some breweries.

The only breweries worth a damn in this area are Berryessa in Winters and Mraz in El Dorado Hills. The rest suck. Although Oak Park has good food/vibe, and some of their beers are really good. Others are miss. If you make your way over, let me know. Power Inn is a hike, so I haven’t made it there. If anyone has Powered through it, it would likely be bhenson

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 20:50 Fri 3/13/2015

Originally posted by DYCSoccer17

The only breweries worth a damn in this area are Berryessa in Winters and Mraz in El Dorado Hills. The rest suck.

You’re forgetting t0rin0 is from Riverside.... bad breweries are his specialty.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 22:28 Fri 3/13/2015

Originally posted by joeneugs
Originally posted by DYCSoccer17

The only breweries worth a damn in this area are Berryessa in Winters and Mraz in El Dorado Hills. The rest suck.

You’re forgetting t0rin0 is from Riverside.... bad breweries are his specialty.

Hating is my business and business is good.

DYCSoccer17
beers 3746 º places 344 º 23:07 Fri 3/13/2015

Send me a beermail if you want to know the best places to hate.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 13:14 Sat 3/14/2015

marcus, bhensonb, oros, any of you guys read the forums?

bytemesis
beers 15347 º places 1601 º 13:55 Sat 3/14/2015

bhensonb and marcus always seem drink together and are really on top of the scene from what i can see. Not sure if they read this forum tho :)

theconductor
places 1 º 17:23 Tue 3/17/2015

Wow, DYCSoccer couldn’t be farther from the truth! We have more great breweries than we know what to do with. As well as some very good ones on the way up. Places like Knee Deep, Auburn Alehouse, Device, Track 7, Ol’ Republic, Loomis Basin, American River, The Monks Cellar and Bike Dog are all brewing outstanding beer! They’re right up there with the aforementioned Berryessa and Mraz. We have excellent taprooms such as The El Dorado Hophouse, Sam Hornes, Capitol Beer, Boneshaker and Final Gravity. We have more beer focused restaurants that I have digits such as; Dad’s Kitchen, The Shack, Blackbird, Ten 22, The Flaming Grill and Kupros!

BTW, the Power Club is/was a joke. A completely illegal operation specializing in kit extract beers as what can only be considered some sort of joke.

If you need more info, hit me up!

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 17:27 Tue 3/17/2015

I’ll second the Ol’ Republic shout out. I’ve had a couple of their bottled lagers and they are really nice. Track 7 has been seeing distro out here in the East Bay and they’re pretty solid as well.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 20:01 Tue 3/17/2015

Originally posted by theconductor
Wow, DYCSoccer couldn’t be farther from the truth! We have more great breweries than we know what to do with. As well as some very good ones on the way up. Places like Knee Deep, Auburn Alehouse, Device, Track 7, Ol’ Republic, Loomis Basin, American River, The Monks Cellar and Bike Dog are all brewing outstanding beer! They’re right up there with the aforementioned Berryessa and Mraz. We have excellent taprooms such as The El Dorado Hophouse, Sam Hornes, Capitol Beer, Boneshaker and Final Gravity. We have more beer focused restaurants that I have digits such as; Dad’s Kitchen, The Shack, Blackbird, Ten 22, The Flaming Grill and Kupros!

BTW, the Power Club is/was a joke. A completely illegal operation specializing in kit extract beers as what can only be considered some sort of joke.

If I head to Sacramento I will, but please keep posting here so everyone can benefit from your information.

DYCSoccer17
beers 3746 º places 344 º 20:55 Tue 3/17/2015

Originally posted by theconductor

We’re both entitled to our opinions. Ol’ Republic is killing it, but I guess I didn’t really consider them seeing how far they are from Sacramento. Auburn is also very solid...again, IMO it’s a little too far from Sacramento to consider it a Sacramento brewery.

What about Power Club is "illegal"?