what’s going on in Sacramento?

Reads 3117 • Replies 32 • Started Friday, March 13, 2015 6:25:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 17:14 Fri 3/20/2015

Originally posted by joeneugs
Yeah, Sudwerk has been under rated for a LONG time. I’ve always been a big fan of their German styles. The new hoppy stuff they’re doing is interesting, but ironically I actually prefer their standard beers I think.

I haven’t tried their new stuff but when I stopped at the brewpub a few years back I enjoyed the beer. Had an equally enjoyable time driving around the dirt lot. The potholes were so deep I was scared I was going to high center the shitbox.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 00:29 Sat 3/21/2015

This thread inspired me to buy a Sudwerk hefe. A bit more lemony than I remember but still nice.

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 13:36 Sat 3/21/2015

It’s been almost a year since i was in the area for the Art Of Beer festival, but I was impressed with Track 7 and Bike Dog even more so than what Baryessa was offering. Also like the direction Sudwerm is heading. Their ties to UC Davis always produced high quality lagers but they needed a kick in the ass to start on some new ideas.

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 13:38 Sat 3/21/2015

Now if only the Central Coast could catch up! We’re having our second beer week starting today and things are coming together but still nowhere near Sac, much less the Bay Area, LA or SD. Not that we have nearly as many people as those areas...

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 15:30 Sat 3/21/2015

Originally posted by SamGamgee
Now if only the Central Coast could catch up! We’re having our second beer week starting today and things are coming together but still nowhere near Sac, much less the Bay Area, LA or SD. Not that we have nearly as many people as those areas...

The central coast had always been a bit of an anomaly in that on that stretch between L.A.and sj there are 30 breweries now, yet not nearly as many people living in the area.

theconductor
places 1 º 21:13 Sat 3/21/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
This thread inspired me to buy a Sudwerk hefe. A bit more lemony than I remember but still nice.

Try American River Brewing’s River Bend Heff. Excellent!

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 21:59 Sat 3/21/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by SamGamgee

The central coast had always been a bit of an anomaly in that on that stretch between L.A.and sj there are 30 breweries now, yet not nearly as many people living in the area.

That stretch is a six-hour drive though. It’s tough to form any group other than it’s not LA or Bay Area. I think we have twelve breweries in SLO county now, with a couple more on the way, and we’re pretty much an island until you get to SB county or up to monterey.

oRos
beers 1687 º places 15 º 20:40 Sun 3/22/2015

Sacramento is becoming a beer destination.Looking forward to the craft beer summit in September

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:21 Mon 3/23/2015

Originally posted by oRos
Sacramento is becoming a beer destination.Looking forward to the craft beer summit in September

That looks pretty neat. Might be a good excuse to visit Sacramento again.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:57 Fri 3/27/2015

This isn’t exactly in Sacramento, but someone added this place in Woodbridge (near Lodi)

http://www.ratebeer.com/p/flight-lounge-woodbrige/51250/

It’s definitely not a brewery right now but does anyone know anything about them planning on opening a brewery? Or is this just another case of someone confusing the term brewpub with gastropub?