What’s new -Part 3

Reads 19130 • Replies 198 • Started Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:55:31 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 21:40 Wed 6/17/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
This is better than I could have hoped for, the new Reckless Brewery is open, and across the street from the miramar Ballast Point...

Quality artwork

They bought the furniture from an office going out of business

This looks like another fire waiting to happen

This is like 10 minutes from my apartment and my sister-in-law works at Ballast Point, so, yeah, pretty pumped for this garbage.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 22:00 Wed 6/17/2015

Originally posted by blipp
Originally posted by t0rin0
This is better than I could have hoped for, the new Reckless Brewery is open, and across the street from the miramar Ballast Point...

Quality artwork

They bought the furniture from an office going out of business

This looks like another fire waiting to happen

This is like 10 minutes from my apartment and my sister-in-law works at Ballast Point, so, yeah, pretty pumped for this garbage.

I thought you said you were moving to Studio City. Are you in LA or SD?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:32 Sat 6/20/2015

Pacific Islander Brewing in Santee started their soft opening the other day. I’ll get around to renaming those beers later so they’re easier to find in the database.

http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/pacific-islander-beer-co-pib/23228/
http://www.pibbeer.com/

It’s impossible to keep up with San Diego. I’ve been to at least 30 new breweries in that area in the last year and I’m actually losing ground on the unvisited breweries list.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 09:04 Sun 6/21/2015

Boomtown downtown LA is opening by the end of the summer. I talked to the brewer at LA Beer Week fest and he said we can stop by and hang out when they are brewing

rcubed
beers 35 º 22:09 Sun 6/21/2015

Looking forward to Resident Brewing in downtown San Diego and North Park Brew Co. That might be about it in San Diego county right now.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:54 Mon 6/22/2015

Finally found the brewery on Catalina. I never thought to look up exactly what the city is on the island (hint: it’s Avalon, not Santa Catalina). This coffee shop / bakery is now also making beer

http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/catalina-island-brewhouse/23488/

They don’t have crap for info online. I cant even find an email address. Might be time to finally take a trip on the ferry.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 16:05 Tue 6/23/2015

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 20:24 Tue 6/23/2015

"He says he’s not concerned with winning any competitions or even making any well-defined styles"

Read: I throw some shit in a pot and hope it tastes ok

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 21:30 Tue 6/23/2015

Originally posted by Naven
"He says he’s not concerned with winning any competitions or even making any well-defined styles"

Read: I throw some shit in a pot and hope it tastes ok

I mean, there’s nothing wrong with not caring about competitions or not brewing traditional styles. But at some point, it matters whether or not the beer tastes good.

I’ve had the same discussion with crapping on the beers at White Labs. I get that it’s more to show how the yeasts can produce different products and all that, but the beers there suck. What is the point of showcasing different yeasts if all the beers are poorly made and poorly fermented?

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 00:53 Wed 6/24/2015

I agree on White Labs. It’s a strange place for me. Always cracks me up when the party busses show up too.