Witzgal keller ( again )

Reads 589 • Replies 6 • Started Saturday, April 4, 2015 3:18:14 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jorge76
beers 24 º places 452 º 03:18 Sat 4/4/2015

Hi everybody .. I reopened this topic cos I’m coming to bamberg at the end of April and maybe someone can tell me if the Keller is stil closed or not .. It would be great for us visit it for the first time after 7 visits already .. I hope someone will have good news to share with us ..

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 08:44 Sat 4/4/2015

Well, it doesn’t open til 1 May in any case, so if you’re not there until then...TRADITIONAL Kellersaison is 1 May - 30 Sep, and Witzgall operates under this tradition.

Does anyone who’s been to the brewery recently have news? I haven’t been there since last summer.

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 05:12 Fri 4/10/2015

I believe 3fourths asked (Mike?). Sounded like the lease is over and done and that they don’t plan to re-open the keller. We grabbed our beers from the tavern. Fuck they were but good though.

jorge76
beers 24 º places 452 º 07:20 Fri 4/10/2015

Yes that’s what we did every time we went there .. We had their voll bier on draught just the first time after that we always had the land bier by bottle .. Fortunately Im lucky enough to have the chance to drink witzgal here in Italy both on draught and wood barrel ..

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 03:32 Sat 4/11/2015

No news from the JUST OPENED Roppelt’s Keller yesterday. But I didn’t bother asking anyone who’d have any hard news, so...

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 04:25 Sat 4/11/2015

Originally posted by JoeinDahlem
I believe 3fourths asked (Mike?). Sounded like the lease is over and done and that they don’t plan to re-open the keller. We grabbed our beers from the tavern. Fuck they were but good though.

Wait. What? You and Mike? Now I know who you are!

How is their English there? Could it be they meant that Marcus the butcher who ran it a couple/three years isn’t re-leasing it, not necessarily that they’ll never re-lease it?

JoeinDahlem
beers 1664 º places 356 º 04:32 Sat 4/11/2015

I like any explanation that leads to me finally visiting the keller this summer.