Your favorite brewery is this freaking SMALL!!!

Reads 2923 • Replies 17 • Started Wednesday, October 12, 2005 5:32:01 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Britales
beers 56 º places 2 º 08:09 Thu 10/13/2005

Originally posted by fly
Originally posted by npdempse
Super neat. It would be real interesting to see those broken down just a little by beer--Like how much of Anchor is Steam, how much of NB is Fat Tire.

Would imagine that Anchor has something of a spread since Liberty does fairly well. On the tour I just took of NB my friend asked the very question - THINK he said that 70% was Fat Tire. If so, it backs up my sentiment that says beer geeks that bitch about certain beers they don’t adore should understand what bankrolls the beers they do love.
As per Fly- nice little reality check! DFH at 20,000 bbl.! Think about the AB and Miller numbers and why their crap costs $45 bbl. when DFH is $99!!

StewardofGondor
beers 1933 º places 122 º 09:01 Thu 10/13/2005

Originally posted by matta
North Central Region – Smallest of top 10 – Sprecher – 10,442 (bbls)

Thanks for the stats, Matt! Sprecher is growing fairly rapidly - when I was chatting with the folks at Sprecher not too long ago, they said that they were doing 15,000 barrels a year now.

matta
beers 1140 º places 91 º 10:01 Thu 10/13/2005

Originally posted by boto
Victory? Hooker? Allagash? Any numbers on them???

You inspired me to do a bit more research and write a small article for the RB magazine. It will have several more small breweries in it.

-Matt A.

matta
beers 1140 º places 91 º 22:29 Thu 10/13/2005

Originally posted by fly
Avery?

I think I recall Adam saying that he would be around 15,000 (bbls) by the end of 2005?????

Man was I ever off!

This is straight from one of the Hoppiest guys in Boulder CO.’s mouth!
Adam Avery – “We did 6400bbls in 2004 and are on pace to do 8000 bbls this year. Tiny little brewery. very very big beers.”

That’s still pretty damn impressive... Nearly doubling your output in a single year!

sethdude
beers 708 º places 17 º 22:24 Sun 10/16/2005

As much beer as Boulevard brews, they somehow retain that "microbrewery" look and feel, despite the fact that they are a "regional" or "specialty" brewer.

hopsing
beers 2 º places 1 º 15:58 Wed 11/2/2005

Originally posted by boto
Victory? Hooker? Allagash? Any numbers on them???

You inspired me to do a bit more research and write a small article for the RB magazine. It will have several more small breweries in it.

-Matt A.

The numbers for Boston Beer look impressive compared to the rest of the list, but I thought most if not all there beer was contract brewed at different breweries

JoshuaB
beers 476 º places 24 º 17:29 Wed 11/2/2005

Surpises me to see Left Hand only puts out 6K+. They are everywhere here in Illinois.