RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2016: Call For Proposals

Reads 7753 • Replies 56 • Started Tuesday, March 29, 2016 4:18:41 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BRW
beers 3178 º places 117 º 01:47 Mon 4/4/2016

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
Originally posted by BRW
Originally posted by yespr
(alternatively one i Barcelona in July while I am there for 2 weeks).

It would be nice a summer gathering at barcelona, but I’ve never attended one so I don’t know what people expect form a it (I’ve read the last year proposals, but you can’t see what people want just by reading the planing. For example, most beer bars in barcelona have very few spanish beers on tap (the bottle selection on spanish beers tends to be much better), and maybe this would disappoint some attendants. If anyone who has attended som RBEG can/wants to help, send me a BM.

PS. If you need help planing the trip to Barcelona or anything else, feel free to BM me.

Having just come back from there it’s not as bad as you purport it to be....however people will need to be lizards to cope with July heat;)

I didn’t want to make it look bad. But bars like Biercab, mikkeller, lambicus and some others don’t have a wide spanish beer selection on tap. But there are two tap rooms, 4 brewpubs, and I’m pretty sure you can find something interesting on the other bars. I’ll start writing a draft.
The heat might be a problem for northern countries folks, but friends from Norway have come in July/august and have survived, don’t be scared to suffer a little in order to drink good beer.

Cuso
beers 15789 º places 335 º 08:46 Mon 4/4/2016

I know, that there was RBESG in Bratislava/Vienna in 2012, but from that times Slovakian beer scene changed a lot. We are working on proposal for RBESG Bratislava/West Sovakia right now and we will submit it till deadline.

So: Berlin, Barcelona and Bratislava all with semi-bids: anywhere else beginning with B want to get in on the act.

Birmingham for instance?

<*))))))><

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 10:56 Mon 4/4/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
So: Berlin, Barcelona and Bratislava all with semi-bids: anywhere else beginning with B want to get in on the act.

Birmingham for instance?

<*))))))><

Bosnia and Herzegovina?:) Bonn? Brussels?

Leighton
beers 33821 º places 1204 º 11:07 Mon 4/4/2016

Originally posted by Cuso
I know, that there was RBESG in Bratislava/Vienna in 2012, but from that times Slovakian beer scene changed a lot. We are working on proposal for RBESG Bratislava/West Sovakia right now and we will submit it till deadline.

That could be very cool. Looking forward to seeing the proposal!

Originally posted by digita7693
Originally posted by BlackHaddock

Birmingham for instance?

<*))))))><

Bosnia and Herzegovina?:) Bonn? Brussels?

Hi Dan,

I was rather hoping a few guys I know in Birmingham might grab the bait. Truth is they organised two fantastic tasting sessions for the UK crowd this and last year, and I wondered if they might be interested in expanding a bit.

<*))))))><

Leighton
beers 33821 º places 1204 º 14:32 Mon 4/4/2016

Honestly, it would be great if somewhere else in the UK put together a proposal. London hosted in 2011 and 2014, so I think there should be at least another two years or so before London proposed to again. (There was a ton of change in London between 2011 and 2014, but the pace of development has slowed a little since then.) Other parts of the UK could be fun.

Also, there’s nothing that says you can’t do a UK RB Gathering at another point in the year (although you could say that the Cotteridge Convention is basically like this, as is the period around GBBF when many folks descend on London anyway). But I know that RB users in Belgium and Denmark and perhaps other countries organise their own Gatherings at some point(s) during the year. Such gatherings are always open to non-locals, although I believe they tend to be mostly locals.

fonefan
beers 74289 º places 712 º 16:41 Mon 4/4/2016

Originally posted by Leighton

+1

Originally posted by fonefan

+1

I too like the sound of your proposal and we haven’t even seen it yet!

<*))))))><

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 03:47 Tue 4/5/2016

Honestly, it would be great if somewhere else in the UK put together a proposal. London hosted in 2011 and 2014, so I think there should be at least another two years or so before London proposed to again. (There was a ton of change in London between 2011 and 2014, but the pace of development has slowed a little since then.) Other parts of the UK could be fun.

Also, there’s nothing that says you can’t do a UK RB Gathering at another point in the year (although you could say that the Cotteridge Convention is basically like this, as is the period around GBBF when many folks descend on London anyway). But I know that RB users in Belgium and Denmark and perhaps other countries organise their own Gatherings at some point(s) during the year. Such gatherings are always open to non-locals, although I believe they tend to be mostly locals.

The Belgian RB Gatherings consist solely of a bottle share / tasting. They are indeed open to anyone, but are mostly attended by locals and me :P Often there’s also a maximum number of attendees, limited because of the location.

Pub crawls aren’t really productive around here as they just don’t have a lot of new ticks and most people can’t make it a full two day trip.