2016 - goals, 1/2 year check

Reads 1727 • Replies 40 • Started Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:21:08 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Jow
beers 7350 º places 487 º 15:08 Tue 6/14/2016

1) Get 500 New England beer rates (@ 477 so should happen)
2) 100 sake rates (@ 99 like 100 to be special but typically forget)
3) Keep getting more new region and country beer and place rates. (Not sure I have any new beer rates in these categories but a bunch new place states on docket, should upgrade Roadtripper award to Silver)
4) Keep drinking lower rates styles would love to get 10th faro tick but no Belgium plans at moment. (yea this probably won’t happen)

Nisse666
beers 15348 º places 374 º 15:10 Tue 6/14/2016

Originally posted by Travlr
- meet as many Ratebeerians as possible --> I’ve met a constant stream of great people, on & off Ratebeer, so this one is going well. several more meetings set, starting in Amsterdam next week

- I’d also like to see HODOR again --> no luck yet

- continue progress toward rating at least 100 beers from every US state --> completed Kansas, R-Kansas, Arizona, Wyoming, Nevada & Mississippi (which completed every state east of the Missouri River). Six states left.

- visit/rate places in at least two RB countries that I’ve never visited. Like Hoboken --> Hoboken, no. No other new countries either, sadly. And nothing scheduled.

- visit/rate places in at least two Canadian provinces I’ve never visited --> still neglecting our northern neighbor.

- focus my travl on areas where I want to start my next beer/life adventure --> July search trip scheduled

- close the distance to Golden Troll by 50%, and do that every year until I get the award (think about that one) --> no idea on this one. can’t search for the Golden-troll-search-thread any more

- find the elusive sake-koshu style --> yet another fail

- rate places in five remaining English counties --> scheduled for the last week of June

SO - two accomplished and two scheduled, out of 8 goals plus HODOR. Pretty good I think.

This: http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/golden-troll-check_275745.htm ?

Travlr
beers 33913 º places 4595 º 15:40 Tue 6/14/2016

^^^ many thanks. Bookmarked, but I’m sure I will forget.

7426, so I’m inching there slowly, slowly

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40576 º places 1239 º 15:41 Tue 6/14/2016

God knows but golden blondes are behind APA’s on my style counts - I’m sure that was a target!

GTAEgeek
beers 5642 º places 552 º 16:34 Tue 6/14/2016

Didn’t make any hard 2016 goals, but I was hoping to hit 2K rates this year, and I’m well on my way. 217 so far, and only 167 to go.

I wanted to have at least one beer from all my new local breweries, and I’m only missing 3 now. The Occasional Brew doesn’t count, since they only make custom beers for events.

With a move to a new city, I was hoping for 200 place ratings, too. That was waaaay too easy. Maybe should aim at 250 by the end of the year...

GTAEgeek
beers 5642 º places 552 º 16:35 Tue 6/14/2016

I’m at 132. I don’t think I’m going to catch up with you...

shrubber85
admin
beers 15031 º places 435 º 18:15 Tue 6/14/2016

Got 10K, should get 2K Indiana no later than early August. Probably won’t get my goal of rating at least one beer from all active Indiana and Kentucky breweries (unless I can get around to going back to Terre Haute and far eastern KY).

Travlr
beers 33913 º places 4595 º 18:29 Tue 6/14/2016

Originally posted by GTAEgeek

I’m at 132. I don’t think I’m going to catch up with you...

133 now...progress!

Patrickctenchi
beers 7260 º places 41 º 19:33 Tue 6/14/2016

34 more new breweries to 1000......so far, so good, on at least one rating entered per day..........FAIL LIST: getting rid of the backlog and just entering damn rates.......been a tough year......working on building the new Upland Columbus Pump House (electrical) so, even with all the festivals this year, just don’t have the energy to type them in on a regular basis......constantly sampling, but lazy on the posts.....my secret shame.

Travlr
beers 33913 º places 4595 º 20:08 Tue 6/14/2016

Originally posted by Patrickctenchi
34 more new breweries to 1000......so far, so good, on at least one rating entered per day..........FAIL LIST: getting rid of the backlog and just entering damn rates.......been a tough year......working on building the new Upland Columbus Pump House (electrical) so, even with all the festivals this year, just don’t have the energy to type them in on a regular basis......constantly sampling, but lazy on the posts.....my secret shame.

I see you haven’t hired that punk delinquent teenager who is probably better at using a keyboard than any of us. your backlog wouldn’t survive the week.