5 Point plan to crush craft beer

Reads 6158 • Replies 89 • Started Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:52:41 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CLevar
places 23 º 19:15 Sun 11/29/2015

Originally posted by Beerdrinker79
Originally posted by CLevar
Yea, because craft beer bars will somehow be forced into changing their entire business model because big beer has gotten even bigger.

And tap rooms are going to suddenly stop selling their own beer.

And an entire culture of consumers dedicated to choosing craft and local (even if not better) is going to vanish

That is where the work crafty comes in. Most people don’t know Elysian, Goose Island, or the many other fake craft offerings are actually big beer in disguise. And if a bar is offered a Goose IPA 1/6 bbl for $35, where all the craft breweries are selling them for $85 or higher, what do you think that bar is is going to do? They are a business and want to make money. It does stifle competition whether you want to admit it or not. If you want to support these big beers, then fine, but stop being so blind to what’s happening!

Brother, there are 1/2 bbl kegs of local sour ale being sold (and snapped up) for five hundred bones each. You are crazy if you think the price of a keg is the sole factor dictating if a bar purchases it.

CLevar
places 23 º 19:37 Sun 11/29/2015

Think I might chug a bottle of AB-InBEVs BC(Brand)S tonight. I hear it pairs well with the topic of this thread, the fall of western civilization

nuplastikk
beers 9851 º places 73 º 20:09 Sun 11/29/2015

trade posts of the future..

ISO local weak ambers FT cheladas, bcbs

b3shine
beers 12189 º places 372 º 20:14 Sun 11/29/2015

Yea, because craft beer bars will somehow be forced into changing their entire business model because big beer has gotten even bigger.

And an entire culture of consumers dedicated to choosing craft and local (even if not better) is going to vanish

That is where the work crafty comes in. Most people don’t know Elysian, Goose Island, or the many other fake craft offerings are actually big beer in disguise. And if a bar is offered a Goose IPA 1/6 bbl for $35, where all the craft breweries are selling them for $85 or higher, what do you think that bar is is going to do? They are a business and want to make money. It does stifle competition whether you want to admit it or not. If you want to support these big beers, then fine, but stop being so blind to what’s happening!

I was going to say you’re just going to shitty beer bars, but then I looked at your profile and saw you’re from Idaho.

ContemplateBeer
beers 2092 º places 154 º 20:31 Sun 11/29/2015

Indiana’s a better beer state than you might realize...

At any rate, my ¢0.02... while we may reasonably expect that big corporations that make money from selling beer will continue to act in a manner consistent with their history, how about "big craft" and the craft brands that dominate the rest of the shelf space available? What line can be drawn between "healthy competition" and possible "anti-competitive" behavior from the biggest craft beer brands?

b3shine
beers 12189 º places 372 º 20:32 Sun 11/29/2015

The exact reason why posting on here is pointless. A bunch of Ab/Inbev fanboy cheerleaders, and when you propose an opinion they don’t agree with the mindless insults start flying. And if you are going to insult someone’s state, try and not be from Indiana! Lol

You’re the one who called someone an idiot. I was simply trying to understand your frame of reference, as the beer bars I go to know AB-In Bev products and generally avoid them, but I can imagine it’s an issue in Idaho where there isn’t a lot of good local craft beer that hits distribution.

bytemesis
beers 15342 º places 1600 º 20:36 Sun 11/29/2015

Ab inbev fanboys. Certainly what comes to mind when I think of the RateBeer community :)

CLevar
places 23 º 20:47 Sun 11/29/2015

Originally posted by b3shine

I was going to say you’re just going to shitty beer bars, but then I looked at your profile and saw you’re from Idaho.

Beau with the slam dunk.

Threads over guys.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 20:52 Sun 11/29/2015

Just difference of opinion i guess. And on these forums it does seem that way.

Different opinions? Must lead to some pretty boring discussions. How terrible.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 20:56 Sun 11/29/2015

The exact reason why posting on here is pointless. A bunch of Ab/Inbev fanboy cheerleaders, and when you propose an opinion they don’t agree with the mindless insults start flying. And if you are going to insult someone’s state, try and not be from Indiana! Lol

Sun King, Three Floyds, and Upland aren’t exactly run of the mill. Then again I imagine you’ll also call out CLEVar for being from the state of Minnesota too - I mean it’s not as if the guy knows enough about beer to make his own sours and get them into distribution via local bars.