Any interest in a bourbon & beer tasting?

Reads 6561 • Replies 108 • Started Friday, November 25, 2011 10:42:18 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JohnF
07:04 Mon 1/9/2012

I liked the White Oak and the Upstream Imperial Brown the best for beer. Templeton and Blanton’s for whiskey. That said I tend to drink whiskey as cocktails and I think the Pappy, which was too much for me neat, would really work well in a Manhattan since it is so distinctive it would stand up to the vermouth.

Since Bill liked the mole salami I’ll note that it was from Salumi in Seattle. Wine and Cheese place sells their stuff but you can also order it online.

Indra
beers 2711 º places 78 º 13:39 Mon 1/9/2012

I just realized that my post made it sound like I didn’t appreciate or enjoy the bourbons too much. That’s actually not true, I liked the 4 Roses and the 20 Year Pappy especially, but I’m certainly not a big spirits drinker overall. Beer takes care of almost all of my alcoholic wants.

In fact the only spirits I own currently are single malts, and while I did enjoy some of the bourbons, I appreciate single malts more, as a rule, it’s just more my type of drink I suppose.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 08:44 Tue 1/10/2012

in my drunken state I gifted a glass to someone. I still want that person to keep it but I cannot remember who the heck I actually gave it to.

JohnF
08:47 Tue 1/10/2012

I think I have your Moinette glass so I’m not sure if either Amy or I were the one you gave it to or if the one you gave it to left it behind. I think we all should have had one more foot long sandwich than we did.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 19:52 Tue 1/10/2012

Originally posted by JohnF
I think I have your Moinette glass so I’m not sure if either Amy or I were the one you gave it to or if the one you gave it to left it behind. I think we all should have had one more foot long sandwich than we did.

I think I gave it to you, maybe you were telling me you like it and I was like just have it. If not that is the story I have created in my head and its great

asatterlund
beers 1 º 22:44 Tue 1/10/2012

Eugene, you gave it to me for hosting the tasting. :P I resisted, you insisted, I kept it. No take-backs now, I rather like it. ;)

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 07:58 Wed 1/11/2012

good

HomeBrewHawk
beers 464 º places 22 º 06:11 Wed 2/1/2012

Kansas Gomers has Eagle Rare Single Barrel on sale for 25.88 this week.