Are we Aussie RBer’s apathetic?

Reads 7010 • Replies 48 • Started Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:21:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

ndon
beers 857 º places 48 º 21:02 Mon 2/7/2011

Originally posted by jonno
BTW you’re off to England right? You should msg Nate2g. He was from Brisbane now working at the rake...top bloke

Didn’t see this one last time, thanks for the heads up Jonno, hitting the rake my first day there. Duff is organising a pub crawl for me with the london crew when i get there so I’m sure I’ll meet them all

ndon
beers 857 º places 48 º 21:06 Mon 2/7/2011

Hey stew, always hear about the tastings and growler fills at slowbeer. Do you need a different licence for that, or does it come under your trading licence?

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 23:32 Mon 2/7/2011

Originally posted by ndon
BTW you’re off to England right? You should msg Nate2g. He was from Brisbane now working at the rake...top bloke

Didn’t see this one last time, thanks for the heads up Jonno, hitting the rake my first day there. Duff is organising a pub crawl for me with the london crew when i get there so I’m sure I’ll meet them all

How long you going for? Make sure you get in to some aged JW Lees Harvest Ale - this blew me away!

Stew41
beers 2523 º places 298 º 01:04 Tue 2/8/2011

Hey stew, always hear about the tastings and growler fills at slowbeer. Do you need a different licence for that, or does it come under your trading licence?

Under the general licence fortunately........

ndon
beers 857 º places 48 º 02:13 Tue 2/8/2011

How long you going for? Make sure you get in to some aged JW Lees Harvest Ale - this blew me away!

just got a british passport in 2 months ago, so however long i feel like going for (or until i miss a cold beer on a hot beach day!)

I’ll be trying almost every beer I can find i think, so if i can find it i’ll definately give it ago. as long as i can have it chilled. thats not cold drinks arent illegal over there are they?

hawthorne00
beers 8474 º places 63 º 03:16 Tue 2/8/2011

as long as i can have it chilled. thats not cold drinks arent illegal over there are they?
Ice is still rationed.

duff
beers 5025 º places 40 º 04:05 Tue 2/8/2011

5 Years ago or so in Sydney, we had a nice little crew going, it was me, motelpogo, Sully, Linc, Bridge, eczematic and a few others, we’d meet up every now and then, and seemed to be fairly active on ratebeer (this was also back in the day when there was no Australia forum). Have no idea what its like in Sydney now, a lot of the people I have mentioned (including myself) live elsewhere now, I’m in London a the moment.

People on here should meet up with ratebeerians more often, I have ended up sharing some amazing beers with some really nice people over the years that I have been on here!

jonno
beers 2750 º places 211 º 16:51 Thu 2/10/2011

Originally posted by duff
5 Years ago or so in Sydney, we had a nice little crew going, it was me, motelpogo, Sully, Linc, Bridge, eczematic and a few others, we’d meet up every now and then, and seemed to be fairly active on ratebeer (this was also back in the day when there was no Australia forum). Have no idea what its like in Sydney now, a lot of the people I have mentioned (including myself) live elsewhere now, I’m in London a the moment.

People on here should meet up with ratebeerians more often, I have ended up sharing some amazing beers with some really nice people over the years that I have been on here!

I totally agree. As I said the ratebeerians I have hung with in Japan and the US have been fantastic. This what we need more of, not coming here purely to put our ticks in a database...

eczematic
beers 1340 º places 3 º 22:40 Mon 2/21/2011

Originally posted by mullet

In other news, it’s good to see eczematic’s rule for naming microbreweries is multiplicative (or is that additive?): http://craftypint.com/events/event/valentine-s-dinner-special-with-the-two-hills/

my theory is bearing fruit

Dervock
beers 1634 º places 5 º 05:10 Fri 4/8/2011

I had a bit of a hiatus from the site, but felt the need to get back.

I’m originally from Northern Ireland and I was shocked when I went over for Xmas at how cheap beer is there. I was getting a case of macro lager for $11 and craft beer for around $2-$2.50 a bottle! My best buy was 4 Spitfire (500ml)for $6, less than the price for one bottle here.
With the dollar being so strong will we see the price of imports dropping?