RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Australia | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Are we Aussie RBerís apathetic?

read 5510 times • 48 replies • posted 2/2/2011 3:21:00 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

ndon 857:52
Originally posted by jonno
BTW youíre off to England right? You should msg Nate2g. He was from Brisbane now working at the rake...top bloke

Didnít see this one last time, thanks for the heads up Jonno, hitting the rake my first day there. Duff is organising a pub crawl for me with the london crew when i get there so Iím sure Iíll meet them all
2/7/2011 9:02:09 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Hey stew, always hear about the tastings and growler fills at slowbeer. Do you need a different licence for that, or does it come under your trading licence?
2/7/2011 9:06:32 PM

jonno 2345:123
Originally posted by ndon
BTW youíre off to England right? You should msg Nate2g. He was from Brisbane now working at the rake...top bloke

Didnít see this one last time, thanks for the heads up Jonno, hitting the rake my first day there. Duff is organising a pub crawl for me with the london crew when i get there so Iím sure Iíll meet them all

How long you going for? Make sure you get in to some aged JW Lees Harvest Ale - this blew me away!
2/7/2011 11:32:59 PM

Stew41 1753:152
Hey stew, always hear about the tastings and growler fills at slowbeer. Do you need a different licence for that, or does it come under your trading licence?

Under the general licence fortunately........
2/8/2011 1:04:55 AM

How long you going for? Make sure you get in to some aged JW Lees Harvest Ale - this blew me away!

just got a british passport in 2 months ago, so however long i feel like going for (or until i miss a cold beer on a hot beach day!)

Iíll be trying almost every beer I can find i think, so if i can find it iíll definately give it ago. as long as i can have it chilled. thats not cold drinks arent illegal over there are they?
2/8/2011 2:13:36 AM

premium
hawthorne00 2543:43
as long as i can have it chilled. thats not cold drinks arent illegal over there are they?
Ice is still rationed.
2/8/2011 3:16:51 AM

duff 5484:40
5 Years ago or so in Sydney, we had a nice little crew going, it was me, motelpogo, Sully, Linc, Bridge, eczematic and a few others, weíd meet up every now and then, and seemed to be fairly active on ratebeer (this was also back in the day when there was no Australia forum). Have no idea what its like in Sydney now, a lot of the people I have mentioned (including myself) live elsewhere now, Iím in London a the moment.

People on here should meet up with ratebeerians more often, I have ended up sharing some amazing beers with some really nice people over the years that I have been on here!

2/8/2011 4:05:03 AM

jonno 2345:123
Originally posted by duff
5 Years ago or so in Sydney, we had a nice little crew going, it was me, motelpogo, Sully, Linc, Bridge, eczematic and a few others, weíd meet up every now and then, and seemed to be fairly active on ratebeer (this was also back in the day when there was no Australia forum). Have no idea what its like in Sydney now, a lot of the people I have mentioned (including myself) live elsewhere now, Iím in London a the moment.

People on here should meet up with ratebeerians more often, I have ended up sharing some amazing beers with some really nice people over the years that I have been on here!

I totally agree. As I said the ratebeerians I have hung with in Japan and the US have been fantastic. This what we need more of, not coming here purely to put our ticks in a database...
2/10/2011 4:51:23 PM

eczematic 1320:3
Originally posted by mullet

In other news, itís good to see eczematicís rule for naming microbreweries is multiplicative (or is that additive?): http://craftypint.com/events/event/valentine-s-dinner-special-with-the-two-hills/

my theory is bearing fruit
2/21/2011 10:40:01 PM

premium
Dervock 505:2
I had a bit of a hiatus from the site, but felt the need to get back.

Iím originally from Northern Ireland and I was shocked when I went over for Xmas at how cheap beer is there. I was getting a case of macro lager for $11 and craft beer for around $2-$2.50 a bottle! My best buy was 4 Spitfire (500ml)for $6, less than the price for one bottle here.
With the dollar being so strong will we see the price of imports dropping?
4/8/2011 5:10:41 AM

Home > Forums > Australia

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers