Beer About Town : London - July ’13.

Reads 7861 • Replies 113 • Started Monday, July 1, 2013 4:43:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 14:54 Tue 7/2/2013

Name a date and time and I will try to help you Chris

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40531 º places 1239 º 15:06 Tue 7/2/2013

Originally posted by chriso
39 Chevening Road now has about 100 more Dutch beers in stock, most of which will be new to you lot (except Ken possibly). Guess I might need a hand in getting through them all!

I’ll help you go Dutch Chris.

When Dutch footballers win a cap - do you think they get the irony ?

Talking Double Dutch.

ritchie666
beers 33 º 15:26 Tue 7/2/2013

Oh awesome, I’m staying just across a greenwich park from there!
Proost!

Edit, unless this isn’t 39 chevening road ISN’T the one in North Greenwich

madmitch76
beers 36949 º places 240 º 16:16 Tue 7/2/2013

Been a coupla years since I was working in Holland, they must have brought some new stuff out?

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 16:17 Tue 7/2/2013

Originally posted by ritchie666
Oh awesome, I’m staying just across a greenwich park from there!
Proost!

Edit, unless this isn’t 39 chevening road ISN’T the one in North Greenwich

You are correct. It is my house and it’s in NW6.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 16:22 Tue 7/2/2013

Originally posted by madmitch76
Been a coupla years since I was working in Holland, they must have brought some new stuff out?

Yeah, there’s a shitload of new breweries. I reckon I could have picked up at least 250 winners at Burg Bieren alone. And that was without looking at their De Molens & Emelisse as I couldn’t remember which I’d already picked up. And on top of the 100 or so new Dutch beers tried elsewhere over the weekend.

ritchie666
beers 33 º 22:45 Tue 7/2/2013

Doh! Dumbass here thought there was an exciting new outlet near where he stays whilst in London.

Fin
beers 17274 º places 1653 º 22:54 Tue 7/2/2013

Yeah, there’s a shitload of new breweries. I reckon I could have picked up at least 250 winners at Burg Bieren alone. And that was without looking at their De Molens & Emelisse as I couldn’t remember which I’d already picked up. And on top of the 100 or so new Dutch beers tried elsewhere over the weekend.

Burg Bieren is a great place isn’t it. We went there last year en route from Arnhem to Landsmeer, Amsterdam.

Fin

kaufmanised
beers 120 º places 11 º 23:17 Tue 7/2/2013

Dropped by craft yesterday still got most the big beers on from the birthday :) headed over to pelt trader next and was surprised by the venue I liked it but wasn’t too happy with the beer list had done most of them previously

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 02:06 Wed 7/3/2013

Originally posted by Fin

Burg Bieren is a great place isn’t it.

Absolutely. Reminded me a bit of a Dutch Dranken Geers. Parking outside made it an ideal place for loading up as we had the car. But, as usual, not taking credit cards makes things tricky. We had about 200 euro to spare and had to try and keep a rough mental tally of spending as we went along. Ended up with about 20 euro underspend. Anyway, I guess enough of the Netherlands in a London thread.