Beer About Town : London - July ’13.

Reads 7863 • Replies 113 • Started Monday, July 1, 2013 4:43:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 21:57 Fri 7/12/2013

Leighton in non drinking rating session shocker.

reakt
beers 959 º places 7 º 04:07 Sat 7/13/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by harrisoni
The IPA is decent, the b-weisse is effing gnarly.

Leighton doesn’t like a beer!!!! Shock, horrorrrrrr!!!!

Not exactly, Ian. Gnarly is a versatile word and, believe it or not, it has positive connotations. A visit to the Urban Dictionary might shed some light: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gnarly

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude :p

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 11:22 Sat 7/13/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni
The IPA is decent, the b-weisse is effing gnarly.

Leighton doesn’t like a beer!!!! Shock, horrorrrrrr!!!!

Not exactly, Ian. Gnarly is a versatile word and, believe it or not, it has positive connotations. A visit to the Urban Dictionary might shed some light: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gnarly

Sounds pretty shit to me. Over the top unbalanced? Not overly barrel aged by any chance? Or just extreme sour with no funk?

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 04:36 Mon 7/15/2013

Gnarly is a versatile word and, believe it or not, it has positive connotations.

So, with regard to this work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnarly_Buttons
is the application of the descriptor "gnarly" to the buttons in question positive or negative? Or perhaps it just means "gnarled"? It’s all so difficult, this language business.

FrumptyDumpty
05:54 Mon 7/15/2013

Originally posted by chriso
Gnarly is a versatile word and, believe it or not, it has positive connotations.

So, with regard to this work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnarly_Buttons
is the application of the descriptor "gnarly" to the buttons in question positive or negative? Or perhaps it just means "gnarled"? It’s all so difficult, this language business.

I much prefer the later work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck_Buttons

madmitch76
beers 36949 º places 240 º 14:26 Mon 7/15/2013

Howling Hops Sour Cherry done for now. A cask and a keg remain. Substituted by Howling Hops Strawberry Sour. Watch out for Gooseberry and Blackberry versions.

madmitch76
beers 36949 º places 240 º 14:49 Mon 7/15/2013

Right. Wallflower Wit. Confusion abounds. It’s under Pressure Drop (or as I like to call them for short - no you can’t buy beers at the brewery but just follow us on twitter to see all the people that can) as a collab. Someone has also added Orange Wit under Howling Hops and the staff at the Cock T said this version was brewed in Hackney. The pumpclip says Wallflower Wit. Howling Hops also released it bottled with no reference to ’no you can’t buy our beers etc’ BUT the pumpclip does play hommage to Pressure Drop. Confused? Me too! If you have this at the Cock T then I believe should rate it under Howling Hops Orange Wit. If you have it from a The Pressure Drop then rate it under them. If it’s the same beer it can be lumped later. As ChrisO says it’s easier to lump down the line than to split.

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 01:32 Tue 7/16/2013

Originally posted by madmitch76
Right. Wallflower Wit. Confusion abounds. It’s under Pressure Drop (or as I like to call them for short - no you can’t buy beers at the brewery but just follow us on twitter to see all the people that can) as a collab. Someone has also added Orange Wit under Howling Hops and the staff at the Cock T said this version was brewed in Hackney. The pumpclip says Wallflower Wit. Howling Hops also released it bottled with no reference to ’no you can’t buy our beers etc’ BUT the pumpclip does play hommage to Pressure Drop. Confused? Me too! If you have this at the Cock T then I believe should rate it under Howling Hops Orange Wit. If you have it from a The Pressure Drop then rate it under them. If it’s the same beer it can be lumped later. As ChrisO says it’s easier to lump down the line than to split.

The pumpclip (see it here: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/pressure-drop--howling-hops-wallflower/218754/ ) says "Wallflower Orange Wit". Perhaps these are the same beer, just one extraneous entry?

mR_fr0g
beers 29132 º places 44 º 04:16 Tue 7/16/2013

Originally posted by madmitch76

Sorry for the confusion Ken. I added the ’Orange Wit’ to Howling Hops on Saturday. I did a Search for ’orange’ and ’wit’ on the Howling hops brewery page here and thought I was safe to add. I had no idea it would be under Pressure Drop. Happy to move my rating over to the pressure drop one and delete the howling hops beer if they are the same.

Leighton
beers 33724 º places 1204 º 00:43 Wed 7/17/2013

The Harbour event at CPK last night was decent. A few interesting beers. Biggest letdown, though, was realizing their ’Blueberry Weisse’ wasn’t a Berliner Weisse but rather a fairly boring and not-that-fruity wheat ale.

Life goes on.