RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Beer to pair with Persian meal

read 1507 times • 16 replies • posted 5/29/2013 12:03:29 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
Jow 2205:150
I am attending a Persian/Iranian themed dinner in mid June. Its BYOB what should I bring. No details on actual courses. I would like to bring Iranian beer but that seems impossible. Maybe a beer from some other reach of Persian empire (available in NYC)? Or just a style that fits i guess. Iím open to any creative ideas you have.
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
admin
joet 2188:91
Saison, herbed possible and Pils.
5/29/2013 12:45:01 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
RCL 2030:7
I have a buddy that I talked into making a Barberry Sour Ale (a Zereshk Lambic, if you will) - it was face implodingly sour. As for commercially available: if you want to be current as of í79, non-alcoholic seems to be the thing, but that sucks. If you want to get all historical, Dogfish Midas Touch is based on a Phrygian recipe but is probably not unlike some ancient Persian brews too, though it would appear that they were more of a wine drinking culture. Bottle of Shiraz? Darioush if you want to drop some coin?
5/29/2013 12:47:12 PM

graziano85 318:14
Baladin Nora

Itís italian, a good beer IMHO...the brewer said they tried to reproduce the ancient egyptian recipe, they used kamut and there is also myrrh and ginger between the ingredients, and they say it fits well with arabic dishes

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/baladin-nora/14552/

I know you can find Baladin beers in NY by "Eataly"
5/29/2013 12:59:35 PM

premium
Countbeer 4548:204
Not sure what is available in your area but I would go for a mix between something Eastern and (English) Pale Ale... Bon appetit!
5/29/2013 1:08:38 PM

pinkie 470:10
I think pale ales donít make too many assumptions on the palate and would bring that little bit of hop pungency without competeing with the spices in the dishes you might have. I would stay away from sweeter beers. Without knowing what you will have you want to stay neutral.

My advice is wrong according ot this. -

" In Middle Eastern cuisine, where there are lots of acidic flavours from lemon juice, sumac, zaíatar and verjuice, hoppy beers such as wheatbeer are a great match. Likewise sweet Arabic desserts such as baklava and pastries with sugar syrup go well with a red ale or a stout."

6/7/2013 6:13:13 AM

PhillyBeer2112 2528:65
Mead?
6/7/2013 12:22:28 PM

I think mead is a good choice. When I asked what kind of food to pair with unclerudyís mead (I had never tried mead) thatís what he said. Middle eastern.
6/8/2013 5:04:30 AM

ContemplateBeer 1548:115
Originally posted by joet
Saison, herbed possible and Pils.
My thoughts exactly. Especially if a fresh Pils is available.
6/8/2013 6:39:28 AM

premium
hawthorne00 2475:43
Honey saison.
6/8/2013 7:26:29 AM

Jow what did you end up having and with what dish and your opinions too please? =)
6/11/2013 7:54:25 AM

Home > Forums > Food and Beer

Page 1 | 2

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback