belgian winther gathering ( RateBeer, duh )

Reads 10454 • Replies 160 • Started Monday, November 4, 2013 5:11:26 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 06:02 Thu 11/28/2013

Originally posted by Benzai
Hmm ok, I’ll probably be a bit later then. Tinus, will you make it and what time will you be leaving approximately?

Planning to be there. Will probably leave at 1.30.
Als je langs Baarle komt kun je meerijden Rene.

Travlr
beers 33916 º places 4600 º 06:31 Thu 11/28/2013

Originally posted by kraddel
Originally posted by Martinus
I’ve secured for the RBBWG a bottle of what very well might be the worst geuze ever made, just to balance out in case there might be too many actually good brews around.

Looking forward to it, guys.

i actualy want that one now !
Me too! I’m trying to be the top rater of geuze, but I am two behind. If you’re able to save this for the next time I’m in Belgium (unpredictable, unfortunately) then I can bring a GOOD geuze to pair it with!

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 07:13 Thu 11/28/2013

Originally posted by Travlr
I’ve secured for the RBBWG a bottle of what very well might be the worst geuze ever made, just to balance out in case there might be too many actually good brews around.

Me too! I’m trying to be the top rater of geuze, but I am two behind. If you’re able to save this for the next time I’m in Belgium (unpredictable, unfortunately) then I can bring a GOOD geuze to pair it with!

Better try to come. If you can’t, I’ll try to save it. Not sure if age will do it any good though.

BTW, couldn’t you just get an admin to change the style of two of the gueuzes your competitor had and you didn’t into another style?

kraddel
beers 10779 º places 386 º 07:24 Thu 11/28/2013

Originally posted by Travlr

Better try to come. If you can’t, I’ll try to save it. Not sure if age will do it any good though.

BTW, couldn’t you just get an admin to change the style of two of the gueuzes your competitor had and you didn’t into another style?

yeah, lets make those 2 ’irish stouts’ , becouse fuck it ! :°)

gene, when ARE you coming over ? your weekly dinner in belgium is getting cold !

Travlr
beers 33916 º places 4600 º 07:56 Thu 11/28/2013

Yeah, it’s hard to schedule a trip at the moment because dates haven’t been set for this work trip yet. It’s always possible that I could pass through Europe in or our of West Africa. We are going to visit Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger and Nigeria at least, so I may need to pass through Europe 3 or 4 times to do that.

Once that trip is over, I have Feb, March & April to play with.

My big beer trip next year will be to the Balkans, maybe around the beer festival in Serbia in August. Anyone want to come?

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 08:11 Thu 11/28/2013

I go to the Balkans every summer, so I might be there:)

Travlr
beers 33916 º places 4600 º 08:50 Thu 11/28/2013

Originally posted by digita7693
I go to the Balkans every summer, so I might be there:)
Excellent! There is a long forum post on the Balkans that will be my basic guide, but I’ll get in touch when I start to plan.

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 10:23 Thu 11/28/2013

How will you Travel Gene? Train or cars? Balkans is already on my to do list for some time, would be great to combine it with beer places.

77ships
beers 14200 º places 925 º 12:07 Thu 11/28/2013

Originally posted by sebletitje

I’ll believe it when I read ’77ships has a new top 10".

That is def. a beer I have been curious about, taste-wise the only thing even the brewer can say about it is “a rich nose of aromatic alcohols”, sounds like even he cannot drink it.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 13:34 Thu 11/28/2013

After trying Fleurac’s geuze I am ready for anything the geuze world can throw my way.