Best "Dirty" Beer names

Reads 22187 • Replies 67 • Started Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:48:54 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

pantanap
beers 3367 º places 1 º 09:38 Mon 2/25/2013

three floyd’s h.b.i.

local option’s morning wood

bu11zeye
beers 13702 º places 116 º 11:27 Mon 2/25/2013

Originally posted by Papsoe
Originally posted by fiulijn
Originally posted by Papsoe
We just had the label for Lust banned in Sweden.
We’ll have to make a new label with both the lady and the label text covered entirely by black.

Did the Swedish liquor board justified the decision saying that it’s likely to attract underage kids to alcohol, as it happened with Founders Breakfast Stout?

The main argument was that we must not suggest that you will have sexual success if you drink alcohol. They apparently feel that our label did that.

Henrik are you telling us this isnt the truth?

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 12:32 Mon 2/25/2013

Originally posted by Douberd
Originally posted by Reid
God i hate all these stupid 12 year old boy names.
Is it any wonder woman are not attracted to craft beer.

There were dropped how many names here, 50? 100? There are literally thousands of craft beers with normal names to choose from, so if women are not attracted to craft beer is not because of a bunch of dirty names.

This.
I’ve heard many women say the dislike the calories/carbs, feeling so full, and the bitterness. But I’ve never, ever, ever heard a woman say she felt like breweries having tawdry names for .0001% of their beers was a good reason never to drink *any* beer. Total red herring, no logical connection at all.

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 14:31 Mon 2/25/2013

I was never a fan of this approach. I think every clown shoes beer has one of these types of names

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 14:40 Mon 2/25/2013

Amager Sinner Series vs. Midnight Sun Deadly Sins. Interesting.

I can’t imagine any woman not drinking a beer because of it’s name. Well, I can actually. Names like Bud Light Lime and MGD 64 get scrolled past by most women I know.

Reid
beers 3533 º places 95 º 15:27 Mon 2/25/2013

Originally posted by after4ever

There were dropped how many names here, 50? 100? There are literally thousands of craft beers with normal names to choose from, so if women are not attracted to craft beer is not because of a bunch of dirty names.

This.
I’ve heard many women say the dislike the calories/carbs, feeling so full, and the bitterness. But I’ve never, ever, ever heard a woman say she felt like breweries having tawdry names for .0001% of their beers was a good reason never to drink *any* beer. Total red herring, no logical connection at all.

But it does show the attitude and sexism of people who name these beers.
Its embarrassing as a grown man that other men still think this is humor of some kind.

502Che
beers 999 º places 47 º 15:44 Mon 2/25/2013

I would agree with Reid that it is embarrassing no only for the person responsible for the name, but I also don’t want to be seen carrying a 6 pack of "Tramp Stamp" out of a store

b33r
beers 891 º places 12 º 16:56 Mon 2/25/2013

This.

Its embarrassing as a grown man that other men still think this is humor of some kind.

You’re either a win troll or need to go back to reading Jezebel.. can’t tell

Reid
beers 3533 º places 95 º 06:02 Tue 2/26/2013

Originally posted by b33r

This.

You’re either a win troll or need to go back to reading Jezebel.. can’t tell

No just someone a father of a daughter that doesn’t find this middle school sexism that great especially when it is in something i love, good beer.
WE in the craft brew side often criticize Bud etc for portraying a certain life style etc when some of us do worse than Bud/Miller could ever do in regards to women.
I am not a prude, i actually find Rose de Gambrinus label humerous and on the right side of risque.
labels with "bitch" etc just make me sad for the person who thought it a great idea in the first place.

IrishBoy
beers 4711 º places 141 º 06:54 Tue 2/26/2013

But none of these has dirty in the name

Kern River has this one.