Calypso and Legacy DIPA

Reads 1346 • Replies 13 • Started Monday, June 25, 2012 6:33:56 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OldSock
12:29 Mon 7/16/2012

Originally posted by HornyDevil
Originally posted by HornyDevil
Gonna do a 100% Brett IPA (with dreggs from Crooked Stave’s Wild Wild Brett Yellow) with the rest of the Calypso and Legacy that I have left. Should be a fun project.

Gonna split this batch. Base beer with just pils, oats, and a small bittering addition. After the primary, half will be bottled. The other half will get a substantial dry-hop with the Calypso and Legacy. I figure that’ll give me a good idea of what the Crooked Stave "strain" brings to the table while additionally finding out how it works with a big aroma addition.

I was underwhelmed by my first batch with Calypso, too much over-ripe pear for my nose.

My first 100% Brett (Trois/Drie) IPA is done fermenting (~1.010 from 1.065), but still looks murky. I’m giving it a week cool to clear before kegging and dry hopping with more Citra/Centennial/Chinook.

Good luck!

HornyDevil
13:17 Mon 7/16/2012

Originally posted by OldSock
I was underwhelmed by my first batch with Calypso, too much over-ripe pear for my nose.

I like the combination with Legacy. I’ve never had it by itself.

My first 100% Brett (Trois/Drie) IPA is done fermenting (~1.010 from 1.065), but still looks murky. I’m giving it a week cool to clear before kegging and dry hopping with more Citra/Centennial/Chinook.

Anxious to hear how this beer tastes.

Good luck!

Thanks.

BMan1113VR
beers 7929 º places 423 º 22:32 Mon 7/16/2012

Yup, haven’t loved Calypso so far, and know nothing about Legacy....Looking forward to using Trois in 2 weeks in an Anchorage Brewing inspired beer.

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer