Dallas Beer Rumors - New Brewpub?

Reads 2283 • Replies 26 • Started Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:24:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

dukefan
beers 215 º places 78 º 05:24 Thu 12/22/2011

I have heard from a very reliable source that Fryman is going to be the head brewer at Dallas’s soon to be only independent brewpub, somewhere in the Oak Cliff area. The other piece of the rumor (which I’ve seen in print - so also reliable) is that ownership will be the same folks that own my fave pizza and craft beer joint Eno’s.

Anyone wanna validate (or skewer) this one?

I think that I have heard something similar to this as well. I remember reading something that he was leaving the common table and starting up his own venture somewhere.

mar
beers 5630 º places 111 º 08:14 Thu 12/22/2011

http://www.pegasusnews.com/places/union-bear/ That’s the brewpub you’re talking about, Fryman is out at Common Table to help start this thing up. Here’s a little more info on it http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2011/dec/07/bars-dallas/

SphinxTX
beers 2875 º places 41 º 11:37 Thu 12/22/2011

I just talked to Jeff about this....he says it’s more of a nano brewery type set up.....he is helping out with it but not as a brewmaster.

thirdeye11
beers 6162 º places 34 º 16:04 Thu 12/22/2011

I hate to pick a bone, but if you saw something in print, why didn’t you link to what you saw? Here’s what I know to help clear up any confusion.

1) The place (Union Bear) isn’t in Oak Cliff. It’s opening in the old Social House space in West Village, which is located off of McKinney Ave and Lemmon in Uptown.

2) Jeff’s the Cicerone at The Common Table. I know both Corey and Jeff well, and if he was going anywhere to start up something cool like this, one of them would have told me. Hell they probably would have advertised it! Is he helping them out in some capacity? I’ll go so far as to say "I don’t know" but Stephen says he talked with Jeff about it.

3) It’s definitely a nano-brewery with very very small batches. I think they’re going to be brewing on 15 or 30 gallon batches, but I don’t recall that piece of the puzzle for sure. The space is pretty small and won’t accommodate large brewing equipment.

4) Yes, ownership is definitely from Eno’s/Oddfellows.

All that being said, I can’t wait for the place to open and see what they’ll be brewing!

Originally posted by thirdeye11
I hate to pick a bone, but if you saw something in print, why didn’t you link to what you saw? Here’s what I know to help clear up any confusion.

1) The place (Union Bear) isn’t in Oak Cliff. It’s opening in the old Social House space in West Village, which is located off of McKinney Ave and Lemmon in Uptown.

2) Jeff’s the Cicerone at The Common Table. I know both Corey and Jeff well, and if he was going anywhere to start up something cool like this, one of them would have told me. Hell they probably would have advertised it! Is he helping them out in some capacity? I’ll go so far as to say "I don’t know" but Stephen says he talked with Jeff about it.

3) It’s definitely a nano-brewery with very very small batches. I think they’re going to be brewing on 15 or 30 gallon batches, but I don’t recall that piece of the puzzle for sure. The space is pretty small and won’t accommodate large brewing equipment.

All that being said, I can’t wait for the place to open and see what they’ll be brewing!

....maybe it was in actual print and not on this thing that people call the internets or maybe he was to drunk to remember where he saw it?

*too drunk

SphinxTX
beers 2875 º places 41 º 17:41 Thu 12/22/2011

Jeff did say he is no longer working at the Common Table.....He said the nano brewery was about the same size set up as his set up at home. If I understood correctly, the gentleman who won their (Eno’s) homebrew competition will be doing the brewing...

SphinxTX
beers 2875 º places 41 º 17:43 Thu 12/22/2011

Actually, he called it a "nano nano nano brewery" lol...
He mentioned something about 45 beers on tap as well.

Originally posted by Swalden28
Jeff did say he is no longer working at the Common Table.....He said the nano brewery was about the same size set up as his set up at home. If I understood correctly, the gentleman who won their (Eno’s) homebrew competition will be doing the brewing...

Hmmm....

thirdeye11
beers 6162 º places 34 º 20:36 Thu 12/22/2011

Originally posted by ericandersnavy
Originally posted by thirdeye11

....maybe it was in actual print and not on this thing that people call the internets or maybe he was to drunk to remember where he saw it?

I guess anything is possible, but this type of news is generally online where the younger demographic (craft beer drinkers) would be the target audience.

I guess what I meant though was link OR reference the printed material.