drink with a RateBeer’er....who would you pick???

Reads 7408 • Replies 80 • Started Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:55:21 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 10:38 Thu 8/28/2014

The London Crew
The Danish Crew

AJ I will be swinging through Vermont sometime this fall / winter.

b3shine
beers 12217 º places 372 º 11:55 Thu 8/28/2014

Looking forward to having a beer with daknole at some point.

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4607 º 13:16 Thu 8/28/2014

So many people I’d like to meet - or see again, since I’ve met a lot of good people here.

Top of the list, if I had to pick one individual, would probably be Josh Oakes, just to tap into his extensive travl knowledge and hear some stories firsthand - especially to find out what happened in the Falklands. Also fiulijn, for similar reasons.

I’d like to spend some more time with the UK crew, since I’ve usually met them in onesies and twosies, and haven’t yet been to any of chriso’s and Ruth’s legendary tastings (other than an incredible on-the-road tasting at argo0’s).

I’d like to meet the various Italian crews and French crews.
I keep just missing Dedollewaiter and a few others in that neck of the woods, usually at Borefts.

I’d like to met the venerable Papsø to find out what RateBeer retirement is like.

I’d like to know where CaptainCougar, Nickls and ygtbsm94 have disappeared to, they seem to have dropped out of our tasting group.

Oh, and I guess that joet guy would be on the list. We almost crossed paths once at Russian River, and again somewhere near the Rhode Island - Massachusetts border. But since then, I’ve only seen his shadow as he’s promised to attend various gatherings, and mysteriously failed to materialize. Maybe he doesn’t really exist.

Travlr
beers 33927 º places 4607 º 13:20 Thu 8/28/2014

Originally posted by HuskerTan
Gene (Travlr)

I went to Omaha Beer Week a couple of years ago, loved the free shuttle bus between bars & brewpubs. But a blizzard hit and I think I only mad it to two or three places.
Time for another roadtrip, I think.

Jamesthebrit
beers 422 º places 22 º 14:11 Thu 8/28/2014

Someone in Atlanta. Just moved there and I’m so alone. :’(

coldbrewky
beers 1731 º places 82 º 14:14 Thu 8/28/2014

Sloth, Motelpogo, UDbeernut and glouglougburb are all special in their own way...but for me its a toss up between StefanJ and Cuso.

b3shine
beers 12217 º places 372 º 14:19 Thu 8/28/2014

Originally posted by Jamesthebrit
Someone in Atlanta. Just moved there and I’m so alone. :’(

Message TheBeerSommelier. He lives in the ’burbs and is good peeps. He’s very knowledgeable about the ATL beer scene as well.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 14:23 Thu 8/28/2014

More of the Britons. Have met Bobinlondon, Gazza, DaveU, and Ian, dream of meeting Craig. Have met The Three Danes, Julien now of Holland, a couple of prominent beery Dutchmen who just happen to also be on ratebeer, MartinT, and Oakes & Beershine. (Who’m I forgetting?)

So Craig, Chris, and SilkTork would probably be next. And a German or two.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 14:27 Thu 8/28/2014

Rate-A-Brew dot com correction. t.hanks

FROTHINGSLOSH
beers 15891 º places 95 º 14:53 Thu 8/28/2014

I drink alone. Yeah, with nobody else...