European Secret Summer Santa 2015

Reads 24384 • Replies 275 • Started Friday, June 12, 2015 12:51:26 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Christos
beers 6111 º places 110 º 11:33 Thu 7/16/2015

Originally posted by Gurthnar
I have sent my box yesterday. Pretty embarassed to say that I delayed my shipment until the last moment, but I was waiting for some beers.

On the other hand I still do not have any information about my box. I guess there are more of us, huh?

I just learned today that package delivery workers are on a strike here, so for what is worth, my package may be sitting in a distribution facility.

Gurthnar
beers 12217 º places 22 º 12:08 Thu 7/16/2015

I was actually speaking about info such as a tracking number or such. It would be good knowing that my box exists at the least. There was plenty of time before the shipping deadline, if someone needs to stretch it a little bit it would be nice knowing the whys and whens.

Gurthnar
beers 12217 º places 22 º 12:11 Thu 7/16/2015

And I am not alone with no info whatsoever, one more from this team is sitting with me across the table.

EuroSummerSanta
12:31 Thu 7/16/2015

@Gurthnar

Actually I don’t understand why you are so offended and kind of aggresive. Yourself shipped your box on the last day -yesterday- (like you already told in the thread) and first responded to me at the 13th.

NOBODY has got an info, not you, not Cuso (who probably sits "across the table"), not MisoW (who got his box already), not..., not.... So no point in asking "I guess there are more of us, huh?" like this would be some politican demo. It is Santa - when you want to get a shipping number with the link you know where it comes from.

Of course ANYBODY who wants his Santas name can BM me and I will tell it. Full stop.

Erzengel
beers 14473 º places 109 º 12:39 Thu 7/16/2015

And getting the tracking-number takes out the tension of this game. I f.ex. got a shipping-notification from TNT because they requested an eMail for sending - but from there on I knew from which country my parcel is coming - and then the surprise is different than from not knowing till the end from where the parcel comes.

I didn’t entered my recipient’s eMail address in the DHL-Form. I took mine and will notify Santa when they have and information :)

So I like the way Santa is handling things :)!!

EuroSummerSanta
12:40 Thu 7/16/2015

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
Status update please Santa?

Also who hasn’t guessed their Santa yet?

Good evening Steve,

34 participants
31 boxes on its way
----> 1 wanted to get delayed (MonsterMagnet)
----> 1 had time issues and will ship it next Monday (recipient is informed)
----> 1 Santa does not respond to anything, but since he has got 32 positive trades (and no negatives or neutrals) I will give him one more day until I talk to the trade admin

14 boxes delivered (as far as I know), 11 hauls posted.

About "guessing" who their Santa is I don’t have any statistics / notes since I cannot read private mails. If anybody wants to know it for leaving trade feedback, you can guess in the thread or ask me.

MichaelAwesome
beers 7166 º places 44 º 12:48 Thu 7/16/2015

Originally posted by Erzengel
And getting the tracking-number takes out the tension of this game. I f.ex. got a shipping-notification from TNT because they requested an eMail for sending - but from there on I knew from which country my parcel is coming - and then the surprise is different than from not knowing till the end from where the parcel comes.

I didn’t entered my recipient’s eMail address in the DHL-Form. I took mine and will notify Santa when they have and information :)

So I like the way Santa is handling things :)!!

+1

You are absolutelly right, Gabriel

Gurthnar
beers 12217 º places 22 º 12:50 Thu 7/16/2015

Ok then. Mea culpa I guess. I thought that tracking numbers are forwarded asap. It is good because unexpected delivery can make a mess with one’s workday and I do not want to let it laying around in some shitty DPD warehouse unnecessarily for longer than needed. I hope I do not have to explain how one more such day in this weather can make a difference.

I am not aggressive or anything, only wanted to know what the status is. I am spending money for fun and surprise, I could not care less for any "tension". Why did you even ask me for tracking # in the first place if you keep it to yourself?

And as to deadlines, if you do not know what that word means, it is not my fault. Yesterday was deadline. Not today or the day before yesterday. Pity your status update did not come a few hours earlier, a lot of unnecessary bantering could have been avoided.

EuroSummerSanta
13:04 Thu 7/16/2015

I asked for tracking in the first place because I wanted to keep an eye on it. Ask people here how I got in touch with each of them when the package could not get delivered, asking, if they have heard anything etc.

"Pity your status update did not come a few hours earlier, a lot of unnecessary bantering could have been avoided"
I do this for fun, am no employee of RB and am not getting any money for it. I put my free-time into this thing, getting grey hair because I need to run after people who cannot and want not tell me anything.
I cannot be behind the computer 24/7 and leave my life for four, five, six (?) weeks to rest.

I know what a deadline is, thank you. But I also know what soft skills are.

Gurthnar
beers 12217 º places 22 º 13:09 Thu 7/16/2015

This thread was excellent usage of said skills, really :-) nothing happened, no beers were harmed in making of this thread and that is all that matters.

It all came from me not knowing the handling of tracking # so no big deal. I stand enlightened.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer