Ft Lauderdale - Native Brewing Company

Reads 765 • Replies 10 • Started Friday, January 17, 2014 12:50:19 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 00:50 Fri 1/17/2014

So I’ll be one evening only in Ft Lauderdale on my upcoming trip, and mainly to see Amon Amarth play at Revolution.

I did find one brewery with a brewpub listed for the city:
Native Brewing Company
http://www.ratebeer.com/p/native-brewing-company/33632/

Though their site and Facebook both lack info on opening hours, if you can visit and even if they brew their beers themselves.
Found info here
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/cleanplatecharlie/2013/09/in_the_tasting_room_native_lager_from_native_brewing_company.php
that state
"This beer, along with the others in the NBC’s portfolio, are contract brewed by the Florida Beer Company in Melbourne."

So anyone have info whether the listed ratebeer place entry is actually a brewpub, or at least a place where you can go and sample the beers from this brewery?
If so, any idea if and when they’d be open on a Sunday (Jan 26th)?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:36 Fri 1/17/2014

Hey Gnoff. I’m 99.9% certain Native is a client brewer, existing only on paper. Their stuff is brewed up in Melbourne at Florida Brewing, as you discovered. I don’t know of any location for them other than the corporate address listed within the brewery’s page on ratebeer. Have you tried calling them? I’m going to contact an admin and ask that this brewery’s "place" page be nuked and their beers be listed as contract brewed at Florida Beer in Melbourne. Let me know if you discover anything when you call. Just shoot me a private beermail.

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 10:51 Fri 1/17/2014

Well I’m still in Sweden, so a bit expensive to call at the moment

Will see if we have time to swing by on the 26th and if so call ahead to check.

biggsbowler
beers 635 º places 22 º 13:46 Fri 1/17/2014

Native is part of Florida Brewing and they don’t have any separate place or taproom. I’ve yet to have anything worth drinking from them. Funky Buddha is in Oakland Park. Delray beach further north, saltwater brewing just opened. About 15mins north of them is Due South.

Down in Miami, Wynwood recently opened. I think MIA brewing is opening but not sure.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:55 Fri 1/17/2014

Originally posted by biggsbowler
Native is part of Florida Brewing and they don’t have any separate place or taproom. I’ve yet to have anything worth drinking from them. Funky Buddha is in Oakland Park. Delray beach further north, saltwater brewing just opened. About 15mins north of them is Due South.

Down in Miami, Wynwood recently opened. I think MIA brewing is opening but not sure.

Yeah, I was just at Miami Brewing last Thursday. Really cool place, but in the middle of nowhere. Worth a visit though. Excellent setting.

Funky Buddha Lounge & Brewery in Boca Raton is definitely worth a visit.

Oakes
admin
beers 30670 º places 1135 º 18:01 Fri 1/17/2014

Ok, nuked Native Brewing address. There is no pub/taproom/brewery or anything else at that location.

Never been to Revolution I don’t think, but it’s pretty close to Laser Wolf.

Now Eric, Miami Brewing is Schnebly in Homestead but MIA Brewing is a different place, right?

MIA has conflicting reports on its Facebook, simultaneously posting that they are installing their equipment but that they have beer on tap.

biggsbowler
beers 635 º places 22 º 19:19 Fri 1/17/2014

Originally posted by Oakes
Ok, nuked Native Brewing address. There is no pub/taproom/brewery or anything else at that location.

Now Eric, Miami Brewing is Schnebly in Homestead but MIA Brewing is a different place, right?

MIA has conflicting reports on its Facebook, simultaneously posting that they are installing their equipment but that they have beer on tap.

I thought I saw something were MIA was changing their name to 305 Brewing.

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 22:33 Fri 1/17/2014

Cheers and thanks!
Guess we’ll skip on that part

Not sure how much time we’ll have in Ft Lauderdale.
We’ll go to see Amon Amarth, then stay one night at a hotel somewhere before heading to Miami Monday morning and our annual metal crusie.

Might have time for a few beers before and after, will check with my other mates and see what the plans are or if we’ll just wing it.

Thanks again for the replies and help!

/gnoff

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:41 Sat 1/18/2014

Originally posted by Oakes

At Schnebly there was a separate section for the Miami Brewing beers, but it was all in the same facility. There was a place for tasting only their tropical fruit wines and another bar area where they served nothing but their beer. I did not see any brewing equipment, but I wasn’t looking for it either. They did have pretty much all their beers on tap... including a new imperial stout. They have canned a lot of their session beers and they were available for sale in sixers.

One of the guys working there said there beers were going to be distributed to Publix. If there is another location for Miami Brewing, I don’t know about it. The same staff who worked the wine bar also worked the beer bar. They seemed to know quite a bit about the beer. I wish I could be more help.

Wendy drove me down there on our way to Key West. A surprise trip for my birthday. I didn’t know anything at all about Schnebly or Miami Brewing (except for a pic on facebook a long time ago posted by Sunshine, I think) prior to that visit. It was definitely worth the drive out there because of the facilities and beautiful tropical garden setting with the waterfall. If I had known in advance that we were going to visit, I would have investigated a little.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 17:43 Sat 1/18/2014

Originally posted by gnoff
Cheers and thanks!
Guess we’ll skip on that part

Not sure how much time we’ll have in Ft Lauderdale.
We’ll go to see Amon Amarth, then stay one night at a hotel somewhere before heading to Miami Monday morning and our annual metal crusie.

Might have time for a few beers before and after, will check with my other mates and see what the plans are or if we’ll just wing it.

Thanks again for the replies and help!

/gnoff

I saw Amon Amarth one year a long while back at Ozzfest up in Virginia. I see you have tried the Three Floyds Amon Amarth Ragnarök. I dig me some Swedish death metal. Boca Raton isn’t that far from Fort Lauderdale. If you can’t make it there to visit the better version of Funky Buddha, you can always stop by their Oakland Park facility.

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 17:55 Sun 2/2/2014

We arrived our hotel with not enough time after our drive from Tampa to Ft Lauderdale. Just enough to get ready and head for the show.

The Tampa area served me well, especially with my awesome friends drivning me around, had great times!

Indeed, seen Amon Aamrth live now 37 times, also a new beer made for them is about to hit the official lists, don’t think it’ll be bottled so likely I won’t be able to drink that one though. (US brewery)

Thinking about brewing an Amon Amarth beer myself, talked to the band a bit about it, we shall see if I can make that one happen.