Giveaway contest: Fresh local IPA (EU only)

Reads 748 • Replies 10 • Started Friday, July 15, 2016 10:09:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 10:09 Fri 7/15/2016

Hi!

So, this is being brewed about 500 meters from my house. Us Swedish homers have managed to get it on the top 10 IPA list here on RateBeer so I felt for some sharing.

Up for grabs is a package with two bottles of this specific beer: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/stigbergets-gbg-beer-week-2016/411389/ . IIRC it was bottled this Thursday. I bought it today and will keep it in my fridge till I’ll ship it out on monday.

To be able to compete you need to be located in an EU country that’s not Sweden or Eastern Denmark (you’re close enough to get your own bottles).

To compete I want you to do the following:
* Send me a BM with the RateBeer names of your tasting group of at least 4 people (including you) and your address.
* Promise to share (and preferably rate) the beer with said tasting group within 5 days of receiving the package.

Whatever group has ticked the most of the IPAs currently rated 4.0 or higher BY ME gets the beers.

This will be left open till Sunday 5 PM CEST for new participants. I plan to ship the beers on Monday (if my shipping cost calculations aren’t completely off and it’s insanely expensive to do so).

Cheers!
Alex

markextrae
beers 4790 º places 77 º 10:46 Fri 7/15/2016

I’m in goteborg the first weeks of August. Will this be available in nordstan systembolaget?

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 11:17 Fri 7/15/2016

Most likely sold out by then but I guess I could get you a bottle now and keep it chilled till you’re here.

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 13:43 Fri 7/15/2016

Small teaser:

It’s a plus if you like dank and fruity.

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 14:32 Sat 7/16/2016

5 tasting groups competing so far so I’m glad to see there’s interest. Giving this a last bump before the deadline if someone else wants to make a submission.

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 10:10 Sun 7/17/2016

This is now closed. Will go through the submissions tonight and announce a winner.

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 15:52 Sun 7/17/2016

My summary is as can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12yvXpuF5ALqpGf3bEbPFlbIOYVM_IGvBVfdi3drwKxw/edit?usp=sharing

It seems I’ll be sending these beers to Leighton and the London crew. Congrats!

To the rest of you thank you for showing interest. If any of you wants to pay for the beers and shipping I most likely could get a box gong your way too. Lmk in a beer mail in that case and I’ll let you know what that’d cost you when I know myself.

Cheers!
Alex

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 06:51 Mon 7/18/2016

Originally posted by _angst_
My summary is as can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12yvXpuF5ALqpGf3bEbPFlbIOYVM_IGvBVfdi3drwKxw/edit?usp=sharing

To the rest of you thank you for showing interest. If any of you wants to pay for the beers and shipping I most likely could get a box gong your way too. Lmk in a beer mail in that case and I’ll let you know what that’d cost you when I know myself.

Cheers!
Alex

Hats off to your diligence and processing this contest so xls-eriously.
+ lol@Freiburg’s rating prowess. Seems like we have out work cut out for us. Will need that spreadsheet as a to-drink menu!

Note to other EU raters, post-Brexit: I would be up for setting up more local4local trades? No whales, just one SE/DK/ES/DE/IT local scene’s output for another, including all non-IPAs or ImpStouts....

Leighton
beers 33718 º places 1204 º 07:02 Mon 7/18/2016

Awesome! Very excited to try this beer.

Scopey
beers 24187 º places 727 º 07:13 Mon 7/18/2016

Nice!

GlasgowTAD
beers 2015 º places 38 º 07:39 Mon 7/18/2016

Originally posted by bartlebier
Originally posted by _angst_

Cheers!
Alex

Hats off to your diligence and processing this contest so xls-eriously.
+ lol@Freiburg’s rating prowess. Seems like we have out work cut out for us. Will need that spreadsheet as a to-drink menu!

Note to other EU raters, post-Brexit: I would be up for setting up more local4local trades? No whales, just one SE/DK/ES/DE/IT local scene’s output for another, including all non-IPAs or ImpStouts....

Brexit looks poised to take an infinite amount of time to implement so I tip my hat to virtues!

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer