I too have been "Banned"

Reads 9048 • Replies 83 • Started Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:47:48 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 04:58 Thu 5/17/2012

ive never had a Beer Advocate account, thank fuck.

Sevenlee
beers 1845 º places 82 º 06:42 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by MaltOMeal
Originally posted by CharmCityCrab
Welcome! A lot of us, including myself, have been banned from that other site.

It’s a shame the folks on the other site can take a fun and relaxing hobby like beer and turn into some sort of arbitrary totalitarian thing. Doubly a shame because they have so much exposure in terms of search engine placement and site visits, and actually a pretty cool site design. If they just ran the place more liberally instead of having all the arbitrary deletions and bannings, it might not be a bad place. I remember having fun there when I first started and they turned into a place that I really loath now.

I wish people would realize what’s going on and abandon ship before they personally ran into trouble, but I guess I can’t blame anyone for not doing it. After all, I only jumped ship after I ran into trouble there. ;)

Hopefully this site can bring back some of the fun for you and give you a fresh start.

So, if this is a place for outcasts, is it more like Australia, Gilligan’s Island (I guess they were more castaways than outcasts) or the Island of Misfit Toys?

The funny thing about Australia is the British sent their unwanted people to what is clearly a better country So I do see parallels to BA and Ratebeer

But honestly I found both sites and decided to join this one because the layout, ratings and stats seemed a lot better. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about the "other" site so I guess I’m just one of those people who make excellent choices in life

Cheers ratebeer for being so awesome

TooManyBeers
beers 2 º 07:01 Thu 5/17/2012

Between the ratings and bad rep of the "other site" is what led me to ratebeer right off the bat. This place is a keeper.

Reid
beers 3528 º places 95 º 07:04 Thu 5/17/2012

Haven’t checked in for a while.I like BA because they have a more lively PNW forum than here

Billicus
beers 296 º places 16 º 07:18 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by smith4498
They did you a favor. Welcome to the best beer site on the interwebs. Sit back, relax, and have a beer. Pony up for preemie and enjoy the craziness of the OT forums.

Yes, 1+ to this

EdKing
beers 3662 º places 307 º 07:22 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by Sevenlee
Originally posted by MaltOMeal
Originally posted by CharmCityCrab
Welcome! A lot of us, including myself, have been banned from that other site.

It’s a shame the folks on the other site can take a fun and relaxing hobby like beer and turn into some sort of arbitrary totalitarian thing. Doubly a shame because they have so much exposure in terms of search engine placement and site visits, and actually a pretty cool site design. If they just ran the place more liberally instead of having all the arbitrary deletions and bannings, it might not be a bad place. I remember having fun there when I first started and they turned into a place that I really loath now.

I wish people would realize what’s going on and abandon ship before they personally ran into trouble, but I guess I can’t blame anyone for not doing it. After all, I only jumped ship after I ran into trouble there. ;)

Hopefully this site can bring back some of the fun for you and give you a fresh start.

So, if this is a place for outcasts, is it more like Australia, Gilligan’s Island (I guess they were more castaways than outcasts) or the Island of Misfit Toys?

The funny thing about Australia is the British sent their unwanted people to what is clearly a better country So I do see parallels to BA and Ratebeer

But honestly I found both sites and decided to join this one because the layout, ratings and stats seemed a lot better. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about the "other" site so I guess I’m just one of those people who make excellent choices in life

Cheers ratebeer for being so awesome

Whilst I dare say the weather is certainly better in Australia, I think the beer scene is mainly lager isn’t it? I’ll stick to Blighty thanks.

TheWhiteWolf
beers 3 º 07:23 Thu 5/17/2012

Welcome to the party. This place has some very smart people who have a sense of humor. In addition, I have discovered that RB contains much more information on beers internationally. Can’t say I’m surprised you got banned for nothing over there’ seems to be an influx of women and children who can’t stand sarcasm at all; or another person’s opinion for that matter. I’m in the banned wagon myself.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 07:24 Thu 5/17/2012

Respect Beer!

Seriously, though, RateBeer people are good people. Enjoy your time here and meet as many people as you can!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 07:25 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by Gary

You probably should join just to see how quickly you get banned.

"Fuck you, I have a palate"

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 07:37 Thu 5/17/2012

Originally posted by drowland
Originally posted by Gary

You probably should join just to see how quickly you get banned.

"Fuck you, I have a palate"
i’ll say that in my "im new here" thread