I’m trading Tree House King JJJuliusss cans

Reads 5974 • Replies 54 • Started Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:34:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fatknitty
18:21 Tue 6/28/2016

I’m late to this, what is a Unicorn Release?

CLevar
places 23 º 18:30 Tue 6/28/2016

Originally posted by miketd
Some unicorns taste like shit.

fbm115
beers 187 º places 13 º 21:29 Tue 6/28/2016

I heard this beer has already faded and is on the down slope

rennat42
beers 5366 º places 205 º 22:19 Tue 6/28/2016

Originally posted by mrhopsbeertalk
anyone needlessly talking trash will not be getting any of my Tree House... Cheers

My dad built me a tree house when I was 4. It’s way cooler than your tree house.

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 23:19 Tue 6/28/2016

What the fuck is a unicorn release?

craftycarl21
beers 2338 º places 93 º 01:52 Wed 6/29/2016

ISO: blind tasting of aforementioned "unicorns" vs. well-regarded, widely available IPAs.

spacecoyote
05:56 Wed 6/29/2016

Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by StefanSD
OP sounds arrogant and a bit disrespectful to me. I personally don’t have a problem with auction type trades, but there has got to be a better way to phrase this.

+1, only I don’t like auctions either. Wanna auction off your beer? There’s a site for that. It’s called mybeercellar.com

Except, that sites for selling beer for cash. If a person wants beer in return for beer that person is going to have to trade.

When someone offers a FT, it is within their right to ask for what they want. If they are unsure of what they want they can ask for offers. A "for trade" is essentially a sellers market, if people want to offer they can, if they don’t they don’t. It’s pretty simple and inoffensive.

My opinion, if a person is holding on to the ideal that "asking for offers equals an auction and auctions are bad" then that person is not helping the trade forum and beer community at large. I often trade this way, because I don’t know exactly what I want. Do I have to ask for something specific, or else risk the wrath of the trade police?

People here often wonder why the trade forum has dropped off so much. Maybe it’s because of the outdated attitude that so many cling to that’s caused the decline.

b3shine
beers 12211 º places 372 º 06:02 Wed 6/29/2016

Originally posted by spacecoyote
People here often wonder why the trade forum has dropped off so much. Maybe it’s because of the outdated attitude that so many cling to that’s caused the decline.

This has zero to do with why Ratebeer’s trade forum is so dead; ZERO. Don’t think so? TalkBeer’s trade forum is exponentially busier, and if this offer would’ve been posted there, the OP would be getting crucified. If you’re going to throw out claims, at least know what you’re talking about.

beernbourbon
beers 1639 º 07:42 Wed 6/29/2016

Have been a ratebeerian for over 10 years. This is still my go to site and the place I still do most of my trades (much fewer lately). But the trade forum has clearly been lacking in recent years. Perhaps it’s the frequent ridicule of trade posters. This has to be a detriment to others, especially new people. The original post here was not my taste, but I simply scrolled past to the next post. Some sites do not allow responses to trade posts to avoid the long, drawn out process that has played out here. Those trade forums are bursting with good (and bad) offers. But the activity is high. Those that get no response hopefully realize that their proposition was off and can adjust accordingly. There always have been and will continue to be absurd trade offers. But it is my opinion the harsh criticism of posts stifles the trade forum and pushes new (and old) members to other sites.

CH-303
beers 4551 º places 137 º 07:53 Wed 6/29/2016

Has that been considered here (not allowing responses to trade posts)?

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer