London Beer About Town - November

Reads 10169 • Replies 109 • Started Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:59:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

teorn88
beers 7739 º places 109 º 16:35 Thu 11/13/2014

Originally posted by fyb
Hio guys! I hope I’m not completely wrong posting this here. I’ll be in London tuesday-friday next week, with at least one day dedicated to drinking and shopping beer (apart from the mandatory pub stops during sight-seeing and "non-beer-shopping" ;)). I’ve read quite a lot on this and other forums, glanced at the city map (will be staying in kings cross, by the way) and checked up on some of the local breweries. So I think I’ve got a clue about places that could be worth visiting.

Is there anything fun or out of the ordinary going on during my stay? Shops selling, or pubs serving, something extra interesting etc?

Also, is there any place where you still can get that hyped up bone king? ;)

Only event I can think of during your stay is at Mother Kelly’s: from Thirsday 20 to Sunday 23, taps are taken over by the chaps at The Bottle Shop, whit a selection of the "best" beers they could source, so hopefully meaning some one offs or rarer ones. Could be interesting but there’s still no beer list for the event. You can get updates on Twitter.
Cheers

BeerViking
beers 9209 º places 134 º 16:50 Thu 11/13/2014

Originally posted by fyb
Hio guys! I hope I’m not completely wrong posting this here. I’ll be in London tuesday-friday next week, with at least one day dedicated to drinking and shopping beer (apart from the mandatory pub stops during sight-seeing and "non-beer-shopping" ;)). I’ve read quite a lot on this and other forums, glanced at the city map (will be staying in kings cross, by the way) and checked up on some of the local breweries. So I think I’ve got a clue about places that could be worth visiting.

Is there anything fun or out of the ordinary going on during my stay? Shops selling, or pubs serving, something extra interesting etc?

The annual Old Ale festival at the Sloaney Pony (White Horse Parsons Green) is 21st-23rd November, they may have some on a day or so early too. It includes the launch of Sambrooks’ new Imperial Stout.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 22:26 Thu 11/13/2014

Originally posted by fyb

There is NO hype on this beer ... Just truth!!!

fyb
beers 54 º places 3 º 12:17 Fri 11/14/2014

Originally posted by Leighton
I would need to check to see if there is anything specific going on next week (can’t think of anything off the top of my head). I imagine there will be Bone King *somewhere* in London next week. I’ll keep my ears open and post here if I hear anything.
Sounds great, thanks! :)

Originally posted by teorn88
Only event I can think of during your stay is at Mother Kelly’s: from Thirsday 20 to Sunday 23, taps are taken over by the chaps at The Bottle Shop, whit a selection of the "best" beers they could source, so hopefully meaning some one offs or rarer ones. Could be interesting but there’s still no beer list for the event. You can get updates on Twitter.
Cheers
Sounds like that definitely could be something for Thursday night then! :)

Originally posted by BeerVikingThe annual Old Ale festival at the Sloaney Pony (White Horse Parsons Green) is 21st-23rd November, they may have some on a day or so early too. It includes the launch of Sambrooks’ new Imperial Stout.
Ah, I’m sure that would’ve been nice. Sadly, I’m leaving on friday 21st so won’t have much time to do anything that day.

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
There is NO hype on this beer ... Just truth!!!
I hope I’ll find it somewhere then ;)

Steasy66
beers 1156 º places 10 º 14:15 Fri 11/14/2014

Has anyone else had the pleasure of viewing Leighton’s new hat? Coolest dude in London.

BeerViking
beers 9209 º places 134 º 16:30 Fri 11/14/2014

Originally posted by fyb

Oh yeah, just remembered - Birrifico Italiano meet-the-brewer on Weds 19th.

http://stonch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/birrificio-italiano-tasting-notes.html

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 16:35 Fri 11/14/2014

Originally posted by teorn88
Originally posted by fyb

Cheers

Definitely at Mother Kelly’s. Freddie said they bought it.

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 16:35 Fri 11/14/2014

Originally posted by BeerViking
Originally posted by fyb

Oh yeah, just remembered - Birrifico Italiano meet-the-brewer on Weds 19th.

http://stonch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/birrificio-italiano-tasting-notes.html

oh shit I’m in town on Thursday for a mate’s gig. Would be good otherwise.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 13:14 Sat 11/15/2014

Originally posted by BeerViking
Originally posted by fyb

The annual Old Ale festival at the Sloaney Pony (White Horse Parsons Green) is 21st-23rd November, they may have some on a day or so early too. It includes the launch of Sambrooks’ new Imperial Stout.

Already said that!

RiBeerOh
beers 1 º 10:18 Sun 11/16/2014

Burning Sky tap takeover/meet the brewer at The Kings Arms Thursday 27th