London Beer About Town - March 2015

Reads 7958 • Replies 68 • Started Friday, February 27, 2015 9:30:24 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 14:30 Wed 3/4/2015

Originally posted by Elysium2010
Hi,
Going to visit London between 2-6 of April.
Will stay in West London, Hammersmith neigbourhood.
Could you please recommend any multitaps, beer shops or maybe beer tasting or fairs that I can visit at that time.
I mostly looking for local beers or good selection of craft beers.
I know it is short period of time but maybe there is something that "must see".
Any recommendation will be much apreciated.

im sure locals can help. But id use the map feature and filter on 75% and above near where you are and look at the options

andrew_drinks
beers 234 º places 7 º 14:50 Wed 3/4/2015

It was poor for a long time while I lived there but Hammersmith has become a good base for the discerning drinker...

- If you really don’t want to venture away from the Broadway, The Swan (a Nicholsons house) opposite the tube used to have well-kept cask beers on.
- Take your pick from a bunch of good Fullers establishments on the river (or go drink at the brewery down the road). They’re close enough together that you can do the Thames path and see who’s got the best Pride on.
- Brewdog Shepherds Bush is within walking distance and I’d describe it as must-see as they have 40 beers on at a time. Keep an eye on the website and Twitter for tap takeover events. If you don’t fancy the walk... from Hammersmith, take a 220/295/72/283 bus from around the corner by Nandos and get off at Goldhawk Road. Walk on in the direction of the bus, round the corner to the left and it’s on the left...
- the new Draft House on Shepherds Bush Road in Hammersmith should be a good spot for food and beer, although it’s just opened so I’ve not been yet.

evergreen0199
beers 5930 º 15:02 Wed 3/4/2015

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by evergreen0199
Originally posted by mR_fr0g
Originally posted by mR_fr0g
I’m gonna head to Craft Beer Co Holborn after work to tidy up some of the remnants of the Wild beer Co Tap takeover on Saturday. If anyone is around and interested in splitting a few halfs I’ll be there around 18:30.

ohh interesting theres 4 im missing. But if i manage it , it will be earlier

To clarify: that was last night Monday 2nd March Craig. I doubt there will be anything left by the time you get there on Friday.

ahhh well. i suspect your right but will tweet and ask. :-)
i was on 100% shame to miss any that may last.

but youd know there turnover rate better than me

As of this afternoon, there is one cask Wild beer still on and about 8 keg Wild beers still on so you should still get something from Wild on friday.

of the 4 new ones do you know
Wild Beer Hula
Wild Beer Cool as a Gherkin
Wild Beer Barrel 25
Wild Beer STUs Gose

I paid a very brief visit today, Cool as a gherkin and Barrel 25 were still on keg IIRC. Don’t think that they have a phone at the Covent Garden branch, that is obviously your best bet to check nearer the time if you can get hold of someone.

deeblo
places 74 º 15:06 Wed 3/4/2015

Hi,
Could you please recommend any multitaps, beer shops or maybe beer tasting or fairs that I can visit at that time.

Definitely head down to Clapham for this: http://www.craft100.co.uk

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 00:23 Thu 3/5/2015

I paid a very brief visit today, Cool as a gherkin and Barrel 25 were still on keg IIRC. Don’t think that they have a phone at the Covent Garden branch, that is obviously your best bet to check nearer the time if you can get hold of someone.

Cheers

pfrz
beers 7 º places 2 º 02:02 Thu 3/5/2015

Hi,

Brodies have a yearly Easter beer festival called Bunny Basher at William IV in Leyton, and it seems to be the case this year also ( https://twitter.com/BrodiesBeers/status/569878698712649732). Inexpensive, local craft beers, some limited edition. That’s a bit of a way out east for you, though.

From Hammersmith you could go down to Putney and have a drink at Bricklayer’s Arms and then head to White Horse in Parsons Green. There’s a bottle shop in Putney called Beer Boutique and another one on the way there, Drink of Fulham: http://www.drinkoffulham.com/

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 07:26 Thu 3/5/2015

Originally posted by andrew_drinks
Brewdog Shepherds Bush is within walking distance and I’d describe it as must-see as they have 40 beers on at a time. Keep an eye on the website and Twitter for tap takeover events.

Taplists are also available on the Brewdog phone app.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40519 º places 1239 º 10:08 Thu 3/5/2015

Cheers

in there now.
stus gose is the only one of the 4 new ones dead and buried.
others are hanging on still.

Elysium2010
beers 2 º 13:05 Thu 3/5/2015

Thx You made my day

Originally posted by deeblo
Hi,

Definitely head down to Clapham for this: http://www.craft100.co.uk

cgarvieuk
beers 37625 º places 457 º 13:21 Thu 3/5/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Cheers

in there now.
stus gose is the only one of the 4 new ones dead and buried.
others are hanging on still.

coool.
Im gonna try phoning tommorow. But thats appreciated, Sad to miss one as there goes 100% but such is life