Marshal Zhukov Clone

Reads 9130 • Replies 54 • Started Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:10:38 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HornyDevil
11:46 Sat 3/1/2014

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by HornyDevil
Independent of what HD has to say, which adds nothing to this thread, there is something to be said for making analogues of commercial beers. Cloning on the homebrew scale is an exercise in futility given the batch variation that a brewery has on a much more repeatable scale.

So . . . you think my opinion adds nothing to the thread, but you agree with it, but for a different reason. OK.

As an aside, I also find it really strange of HD to dismiss lager brewing as overly fussy; it isn’t.

Where, exactly, did I dismiss lager brewing? If anything I hold lager brewers in the utmost regard. As long as they brew great lagers, that is. All that I said is that, in general, lager brewing (read: fermentation) requires more attention to detail than does ale brewing. Please attempt to find something wrong with that statement.

Negative comments don’t add to thread. He asked a question and you didn’t answer it. And I didn’t say you dismissed lager brewers, I said you dismissed brewing as being overly fussy. You should work on reading comprehension rather than snarky replies.

Please read your post again. I actually quoted it, so it shouldn’t be that terribly difficult. Even for you.

HornyDevil
11:48 Sat 3/1/2014

Originally posted by Yancheng
Originally posted by artmcd8
Honestly why do you like Zhukov? Is it because it is Zhukov or is it because of the way it tastes and feels and the fact that it’s just a really well executed RIS?

I’m assuming it’s the latter. Look up some highly rated RIS recipes, look up what to add/do to get the qualities you like in Zhukov in your brew. You’ll learn a lot more about recipe creation that way. And you’ll wind up with a good RIS that has everything you like about an RIS in it if you do it right.

I’ve never had Zhukov but I’ve had Evil twin’s Even More Jesus which has been compared to Zhukov and that was a lovely stout. Thank you, I definitely have a long way to go in researching recipes. Really appreciate the advice you gave.

Oh . . . my . . . GOD.

Why not just ask for a clone of Even More Jesus, then?

Have you ever even brewed a beer before?

Yancheng
beers 3 º places 1 º 16:40 Sat 3/1/2014

Originally posted by Yancheng
Originally posted by artmcd8
Honestly why do you like Zhukov? Is it because it is Zhukov or is it because of the way it tastes and feels and the fact that it’s just a really well executed RIS?

I’m assuming it’s the latter. Look up some highly rated RIS recipes, look up what to add/do to get the qualities you like in Zhukov in your brew. You’ll learn a lot more about recipe creation that way. And you’ll wind up with a good RIS that has everything you like about an RIS in it if you do it right.

I’ve never had Zhukov but I’ve had Evil twin’s Even More Jesus which has been compared to Zhukov and that was a lovely stout. Thank you, I definitely have a long way to go in researching recipes. Really appreciate the advice you gave.

Oh . . . my . . . GOD.

Why not just ask for a clone of Even More Jesus, then?

Have you ever even brewed a beer before?

Because I searched for one and there were absolutely no leads while Zhukov held more promise for clones. And Zhukov appears to be more highly rated by people who have tried both Zhukov and Even more jesus.

At this point, you’re kinda being antagonistic for the sake of it, aren’t ya? I quote: "You want a specific beer? Buy the fucking beer."

Well I can fucking do that easily here. I don’t need to clone Even More Jesus, i just want to clone something which has the promise of being superior to EMJ while possessing many of the qualities i love in EMJ.

italarican
beers 1548 º places 115 º 17:00 Sat 3/1/2014

You shouldn’t have to justify asking for a clone recipe of a fairly well known beer. I wish I could help, but I have no clue.

Maybe if you indeed find a Zhukov recipe, you could search for a EMJ recipe too? Comparing the two might give you an idea of what you’re looking to make.

Good luck!

Edit: my phone went haywire, and I didn’t notice you had looked for a EMJ clone already.

fiver29
beers 1112 º places 52 º 17:03 Sat 3/1/2014

HD you are an asshole.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 17:26 Sat 3/1/2014

Well, I do agree with HD on one thing. It is very strange for someone to ask for a clone recipe of a beer they’ve never had… how will you know if it’s successful? Are you expecting it to be like Even More Jesus, only a little bit better? Not likely since, no offense, I doubt you’re as good a brewer as Cigar City or Evil Twin.

That reminds me. Jeppe is the owner/brewer for Evil Twin right? He’s a very active member of the site. Maybe you could contact him for some help? That might be a good idea.

Yancheng
beers 3 º places 1 º 17:32 Sat 3/1/2014

Originally posted by joeneugs
Well, I do agree with HD on one thing. It is very strange for someone to ask for a clone recipe of a beer they’ve never had… how will you know if it’s successful? Are you expecting it to be like Even More Jesus, only a little bit better? Not likely since, no offense, I doubt you’re as good a brewer as Cigar City or Evil Twin.

That reminds me. Jeppe is the owner/brewer for Evil Twin right? He’s a very active member of the site. Maybe you could contact him for some help? That might be a good idea.

My searches turned up zero EMJ clones but did turn up a few discussions of MZ clones, just that they all had broken links. I figured a MZ clone would be my best shot.

No offence taken at all. Yep thats a good idea!

b3shine
beers 12205 º places 372 º 17:34 Sat 3/1/2014

HornyDevil, I regularly enjoy your insight in this forum...but I am very disappointed with your posts in this thread.

HornyDevil
19:16 Sat 3/1/2014

Originally posted by fiver29
HD you are an asshole.

Agreed.

Originally posted by b3shine
HornyDevil, I regularly enjoy your insight in this forum...but I am very disappointed with your posts in this thread.

Sorry, brah. There are certain things that raise my ire, and one of them is someone who thumbs their nose at good advise because they think they know better when they obviously don’t.

Wasn’t even going to comment on this thread until the OP essentially pissed on bitbucket’s well thought out reply. I can’t stand that type of shit. Sorry.

Yancheng
beers 3 º places 1 º 20:24 Sat 3/1/2014

Originally posted by fiver29
HD you are an asshole.

Agreed.

Originally posted by b3shine

Sorry, brah. There are certain things that raise my ire, and one of them is someone who thumbs their nose at good advise because they think they know better when they obviously don’t.

Wasn’t even going to comment on this thread until the OP essentially pissed on bitbucket’s well thought out reply. I can’t stand that type of shit. Sorry.

I just started this thread looking for anyone who might have copied the MZ clone recipe before it was taken off the web. While Bitbucket’s reply was indeed well thought out, it just wasn’t what I was looking for. Yes, my reply may have been off but I was polite and did my best not to look a gift horse in the mouth. In any case, I m glad I wasted your time ranting and panting on this thread and am thankful for inadvertently pissing you off. Was my pleasure.

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer