Mondial de la Bière! One of the world’s best beer fests

Reads 2018 • Replies 28 • Started Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:25:52 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Glouglouburp
beers 6103 º places 423 º 12:49 Wed 6/6/2012

Originally posted by Sevenlee
I understand this beer from Brazil will be available on tap. I’m keen to know what people think.

Not on tap, from bottles. I had it a few hours ago. Solid Double IPA. Solid crisp caramelized malt backbone and solid fruity-resinous hopping. Like I say in the rating that I typed on my notebook and will upload three months from now (...no comment...) this is a very American-Worthy Double IPA.

Glouglouburp
beers 6103 º places 423 º 12:53 Wed 6/6/2012

Originally posted by joet
Admission is free, and tasting coupons are $1 each.

Just to be more precise. Tasting coupons are $1 each but most samples cost 3 tasting coupons. Some even more. I paid 5 coupons for my sample of Baladin Terre Riserva Teo Musso 2010. Samples are decent size, officially 4oz but more often than not you get 5oz to 6oz. Just enough to properly sample a beer, or share with 12 Danes.

jercraigs
beers 14882 º places 1051 º 12:56 Wed 6/6/2012

Originally posted by pushkinwow
That is a shame - I love the old train station location - where is it now, some sort of convention centre?

http://www.placebonaventure.com/

OldStyleCubFan
beers 77 º places 15 º 13:20 Wed 6/6/2012

Anyone going Sunday? I dont arrive until noon but plan to spend the day at Mondial and all day Monday bar and brewery hopping. Its nice to be able to get work to pay for a good beer trip.

Scottatron
14:14 Wed 6/6/2012

I’ll be there on Saturday. I’m looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Glouglouburp
Originally posted by joet
Admission is free, and tasting coupons are $1 each.

Just to be more precise. Tasting coupons are $1 each but most samples cost 3 tasting coupons. Some even more. I paid 5 coupons for my sample of Baladin Terre Riserva Teo Musso 2010. Samples are decent size, officially 4oz but more often than not you get 5oz to 6oz. Just enough to properly sample a beer, or share with 12 Danes.

Thanks for the info. Is there a beer list or exhibitor list online? I didn’t see anything on the website.

OldStyleCubFan
beers 77 º places 15 º 14:18 Wed 6/6/2012

Scottatron
14:21 Wed 6/6/2012

Originally posted by OldStyleCubFan
http://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/pdf/mondialbiere_exposants-plan-bieres2012.pdf

Sweet. Thanks Old Style Cub Fan.

Quevillon
beers 3376 º places 396 º 16:52 Wed 6/6/2012

Originally posted by pushkinwow
That is a shame - I love the old train station location - where is it now, some sort of convention centre?
Well, an exhibition hall. The other reason why the festival is there, it’s because they want as close as possible to the downtown area, outside of downtown may not work well.

Quevillon
beers 3376 º places 396 º 16:54 Wed 6/6/2012

I’m there Friday and Saturday.

biere_froide
17:10 Wed 6/6/2012

I’m there Friday! If anyone wanna trade stuff, especially folks coming from out of town, let me know!