New Beer in Colorado

Reads 11328 • Replies 140 • Started Friday, August 2, 2013 2:11:41 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 14:11 Fri 8/2/2013

* 8 Wired iStout is around
* Epic Escape To Colorado IPA is showing up on draft
* a number of new Epic batches have hit the shelves in Boulder
* BRU One (First Anniversary Quadrupel) is around but the price tag is steeeeeeep

Odd13 Brewing in Lafayette is having their grand opening tomorrow.

Avery 20th Anniv festival is on Sunday.

notalush
beers 7131 º places 452 º 16:30 Fri 8/2/2013

Bombers of the Epic IPA, as well as a few other CO exclusives (a pale ale and a lager) have started to pop up. It looks like they are shooting for a late September opening for their taproom in Denver.

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 20:30 Fri 8/2/2013

Along with Odd13 pouring many other of their flagships at their grand opening, they also are gonna be tapping into 5 gal. kegs of:

- Double IPA dry hopped with Australian Galaxy
- Double IPA dry hopped with New Zealand Nelson Sauvin
- Citra Pale Ale fermented with 100% Brettanomyces Claussenii
- Citra Pale Ale fermented with 100% Brettanomyces Bruxellensis Trois

And a possibility of two more surprises. Fun!

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 21:13 Fri 8/2/2013

Originally posted by 3fourths
* BRU One (First Anniversary Quadrupel) is around but the price tag is steeeeeeep

I think the iStout has been around quite awhile now, at least it has been at Liq Mart. I’ve been scrolling past that one for months.

The BRU is $12 at Hazel’s, same as Beezel. Pretty good and an interesting take on the style, but definitely not worth the price.

stumpyiliz
beers 218 º places 7 º 21:20 Fri 8/2/2013

$12 for a quad is too steep. They use very lil hops and a very simple malt bill. I guess if u put the number 1 on something it commands more money. I’m going to open up a brewery called number 1 and every bottle will be overpriced. Winning

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 21:20 Fri 8/2/2013

Originally posted by TAR
And a possibility of two more surprises. Fun!

I’m most curious about that 4.5% saison. Brett, Saaz, and Styrians? Could be cool. You and Mike can let me know if it’s worth the 15 minute drive.

BlackForestCO
beers 978 º places 18 º 23:05 Fri 8/2/2013

You guys will Have to let me know how that Odd13 place is, may have to check it out.

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 22:09 Sat 8/3/2013

I will be drinking petit saison Sunday evening (prob around 7 or thereabouts) at Odd13 if anyone wants to join me. Would love to see you, Jake.

Ernest
beers 9435 º places 229 º 23:13 Sat 8/3/2013

Originally posted by TAR
I will be drinking petit saison Sunday evening (prob around 7 or thereabouts) at Odd13 if anyone wants to join me. Would love to see you, Jake.

They close around 8pm on Sunday, eh? Better drink fast.

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 12:23 Sun 8/4/2013

Originally posted by Ernest
Originally posted by TAR

They close around 8pm on Sunday, eh? Better drink fast.

Yeah, actually was thinking 6:30, but didn’t plan on being out too late, at any rate. Only reason I am going is because some acquaintances of my parents are visiting their daughter in Denver and wanted to get together. I told them I could come for one beer before calling it a night.

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 16:50 Thu 8/8/2013

Originally posted by Ernest
Originally posted by 3fourths

I think the iStout has been around quite awhile now, at least it has been at Liq Mart. I’ve been scrolling past that one for months.

The BRU is $12 at Hazel’s, same as Beezel. Pretty good and an interesting take on the style, but definitely not worth the price.

Finally found it for $12. It’s $16(!!) at Sun Deli holy cow!

Also saw the Big Choice cans, singles are almost 4 bucks fuck that.