new in December

Reads 3359 • Replies 58 • Started Saturday, November 19, 2011 6:13:46 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

JohnF
13:03 Tue 12/13/2011

Lucas in KS is out and by out I mean it is all still there but they have a waiting list. I’ll swing by Royal on the way home but I guess like everything Central States distributes Hyvee on State Line will get more than all the Royals and Gomers put together.

Bobbydigi
places 1 º 15:34 Tue 12/13/2011

Originally posted by JohnF
Lucas in KS is out and by out I mean it is all still there but they have a waiting list. I’ll swing by Royal on the way home but I guess like everything Central States distributes Hyvee on State Line will get more than all the Royals and Gomers put together.

We had a 4 bottle limit and 10 cases sold out in 2 hours. The remaining beer is being sold to the 83 people who called ahead and reserved bottles.

foppa78
places 12 º 20:33 Tue 12/13/2011

ffs.. I would get bummed out over not being able to obtain these great BLVD beers but I know I will be able to find these for months to come when I go home to Omaha.
Sells out in a day or two in one market but sits on shelves for months in other markets. Ill be the first one to congratulate BLVD on brewing great beer but I wish a little more of it stayed local since there is obviously demand for it.

JohnF
20:55 Tue 12/13/2011

Yep. My first thought was I might as well wait to get it until I am in the Twin Cities next month. There will be plenty, no bottle limits, and probably cheaper.

theisti
beers 5288 º places 1153 º 06:58 Wed 12/14/2011

Originally posted by foppa78
I wish a little more of it stayed local since there is obviously demand for it.

This is a great point. I wonder if local distributors are asking for more and Boulevard is saying no, or if the local distributors are the ones mucking this up.

They are certainly the reason this hit the shelves after it was available in St Louis.

JohnF
07:30 Wed 12/14/2011

Smokestacks have typically been in other cities in MO and KS be

JohnF
07:32 Wed 12/14/2011

Dang it. MO and KS before Kansas City. Boulevard has always said the distributors get them on the same day. One of the Central States employees blogs at KC Beer Blog now so I guess someone could ask him there what the reasoning is.

hwwty4
beers 1 º places 1 º 08:54 Wed 12/14/2011

Was it 2 years ago that they botched the BBQ release so badly? Where it was released everywhere else before the KC market. Central States kept saying it was a UPC issue...

Bobbydigi
places 1 º 14:22 Wed 12/14/2011

Originally posted by theisti
Originally posted by foppa78
I wish a little more of it stayed local since there is obviously demand for it.

This is a great point. I wonder if local distributors are asking for more and Boulevard is saying no, or if the local distributors are the ones mucking this up.

They are certainly the reason this hit the shelves after it was available in St Louis.

It seems like our distributor is pretty much left in the dark on what they are going to receive. We asked months in advance if they had any idea how much BBQ we will get and they never seem to know until the week before it’s released. That goes for pretty much all of the special release beers. Hopefully Boulevard will realize the increasing demand for their specialty beers and start send the KC market a lot larger allocation.

Just so you all know I have no problem adding anyone on here to our list to make sure you all can get some of these releases. Just shoot me a BM with your name and # and I’ll add you.

theisti
beers 5288 º places 1153 º 14:56 Wed 12/14/2011

Originally posted by Bobbydigi
Just so you all know I have no problem adding anyone on here to our list to make sure you all can get some of these releases. Just shoot me a BM with your name and # and I’ll add you.

Thanks Bobby - I am nervous to ask, what will I need "to do" to get on the list?