RateBeer

New in Pittsburgh

read 6433 times • 100 replies •

Thread Frozen
 
lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 13:54 Fri 8/17/2012

We used to do a thread like this in Knoxville that I thought was very useful. Just a singular thread to post beers you see around town that you think other RBers might enjoy. Tap or bottle, doesnít matter.

Iíll start with the Giant Eagle in Robinson had 3 bottles of Lambickx (The Private Domain entry) last night 21.99 a bottle. A bit pricy, but I thought it was a very good beer and of course since it is sitting on a shelf, easier to obtain than Cantillon.

Cheers.

 
LinusStick
premium
beers 3018 º places 53 º 17:00 Fri 8/17/2012

Originally posted by lithy
We used to do a thread like this in Knoxville that I thought was very useful. Just a singular thread to post beers you see around town that you think other RBers might enjoy. Tap or bottle, doesnít matter.

Iíll start with the Giant Eagle in Robinson had 3 bottles of Lambickx (The Private Domain entry) last night 21.99 a bottle. A bit pricy, but I thought it was a very good beer and of course since it is sitting on a shelf, easier to obtain than Cantillon.

Cheers.

Iím in there 2-3 times a week and Iíve been eyeing that beer up for months. Thanks for the thumbs up. Just got home from there and wish I wouldíve read this before I went

 
mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 01:19 Sat 8/18/2012

Uinta is new to market, core lineup is decent, some of their barrel aged stuff is $$$$$$$. Saw the IPA on tap at Fatheads today.

Sierra Nevada Tumbler is out and about, fantastic brown ale IMHO. Seen it on tap at Fatheads and Pipers (OBVIOUS PLUG FOR WHERE I WORK IS OBVIOUS)

Fatheads Bumbleberry kegs and cases are out and about. Seen on tap at Fatheads and cases at Buddyís Brews on Carson. No further comment.

Oktoberfests and Pumpkins are fucking everywhere. I know Buddyís and Beer Express (rt 6o in Crafton) have been pimping whatever they get in on twitter.

Fresh batch of Helltown Idle Hands DIPA is around, the sort of minerally flavor from previous batches is gone, but seems a bit grassy and vegetal on the hops now. Still worth seeking out, great beer. Seen it on tap at Mad Mex South HIlls and James Street on the north side.

Fatheads had Boulder Barrel Aged Bad Moon Rising on tap tonight for the Mojo firkin, no idea how long that will last.



Great idea by the way.

 
mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 10:50 Thu 8/23/2012

Harviestoun Schiehallion is going on cask tonight at Piperís.

 
Beerman6686
premium
beers 5390 º places 149 º 18:26 Thu 8/23/2012

Found bottles of hopping frog goose juice and BA naked evil at giant eagle today. Naked evil was a bit pricey at $22.

 
mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 00:31 Fri 8/24/2012

Originally posted by Beerman6686
Found bottles of hopping frog goose juice and BA naked evil at giant eagle today. Naked evil was a bit pricey at $22.

Which Giant Eagle?

 
Beerman6686
premium
beers 5390 º places 149 º 06:02 Fri 8/24/2012

Shaler

 
Beerman6686
premium
beers 5390 º places 149 º 06:11 Fri 8/24/2012

Originally posted by Beerman6686
Shaler


Thatís the one I shop at so if you want one, iíll probably be down there tomorrow again so I can pick one up and drop it off at Piperís sometime if you donít want to make the treck out that way.

 
mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 09:37 Fri 8/24/2012

Originally posted by Beerman6686
Originally posted by Beerman6686
Shaler


Thatís the one I shop at so if you want one, iíll probably be down there tomorrow again so I can pick one up and drop it off at Piperís sometime if you donít want to make the treck out that way.

That would be awesome. The Robinson Market District selection has gone to shit since they fired their beer lead. Iíll be at Piperís tonight and tomorrow night if you make it down.

 
Beerman6686
premium
beers 5390 º places 149 º 09:57 Fri 8/24/2012

Originally posted by mtoast
Originally posted by Beerman6686
Originally posted by Beerman6686
Shaler


Thatís the one I shop at so if you want one, iíll probably be down there tomorrow again so I can pick one up and drop it off at Piperís sometime if you donít want to make the treck out that way.

That would be awesome. The Robinson Market District selection has gone to shit since they fired their beer lead. Iíll be at Piperís tonight and tomorrow night if you make it down.


Iíll see what I can do. Iím assuming you want the naked evil and not the goose juice? Iím looking for somewhere to get a growler of Idle Hands thatís not in the South Hills so preferably south side, so thatís probably the next time ill be down there when I see it on somewhere.

 
mtoast
beers 336 º places 13 º 10:07 Fri 8/24/2012

Originally posted by Beerman6686
Originally posted by mtoast
Originally posted by Beerman6686
Originally posted by Beerman6686
Shaler


Thatís the one I shop at so if you want one, iíll probably be down there tomorrow again so I can pick one up and drop it off at Piperís sometime if you donít want to make the treck out that way.

That would be awesome. The Robinson Market District selection has gone to shit since they fired their beer lead. Iíll be at Piperís tonight and tomorrow night if you make it down.


Iíll see what I can do. Iím assuming you want the naked evil and not the goose juice? Iím looking for somewhere to get a growler of Idle Hands thatís not in the South Hills so preferably south side, so thatís probably the next time ill be down there when I see it on somewhere.

Actually, both sound good. I think Carson Street Deli has Idle Hands on and Fatheads had it on yesterday. Weíll have it on at Piperís in the next few days also.