New/Upcoming Breweries

Reads 7898 • Replies 86 • Started Friday, February 14, 2014 8:45:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FrankenBier
places 2 º 20:02 Sun 2/23/2014

"Federal Brewing" reportedly got a Lawyer Letter from Federal Bar and rather than spend money litigating, they changed the name to "Progress Brewing". New glassware (glasses and growlers) came in this past week.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 21:47 Sun 2/23/2014

Hamilton Family Brewery out of Rancho Cucamonga

https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonFamilyBrewery

I’m skeptical of the plastic fermenters but as always I’ll visit them and see what kind of beer they’re making.

Another one is Escape Craft Brewery in Redlands

https://www.facebook.com/EscapeCraftBrewery

Looks like both are ABC licensed, at least according to their facebook pages.

The whole area from 57 out to 215 is pretty barren (in terms of breweries), minus the little clusters in Riverside and Redlands, so hopefully Hamilton turns out good.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 22:35 Sun 2/23/2014

Originally posted by FrankenBier
"Federal Brewing" reportedly got a Lawyer Letter from Federal Bar and rather than spend money litigating, they changed the name to "Progress Brewing". New glassware (glasses and growlers) came in this past week.

Cool info. Thanks for sharing. Hoping to go check them out tomorrow as I’ll be at one of my sites in Whittier, and it’s not too far from the brewery.

Checked out Pacific Plate, Alosta, and Sanctum yesterday before going to a concert at the Glasshouse. Pacific Plate was laughably bad. Alosta was mediocre, but not terrible. Sanctum wasn’t good at all, but I guess not atrocious.

FrankenBier
places 2 º 12:47 Mon 2/24/2014

Originally posted by brokensail

Cool info. Thanks for sharing. Hoping to go check them out tomorrow as I’ll be at one of my sites in Whittier, and it’s not too far from the brewery.

Checked out Pacific Plate, Alosta, and Sanctum yesterday before going to a concert at the Glasshouse. Pacific Plate was laughably bad. Alosta was mediocre, but not terrible. Sanctum wasn’t good at all, but I guess not atrocious.

I was by Progress a couple of weeks ago and all their beers were decent -- nothing to die for but if they were in my neighborhood I’d be a local. And if a keg shows up at my local, I’d order one.

Sad to hear about the others -- I was hoping to manage a stop at Pacific Plate and/or Alosta last week but work interfered. I hate when that happens.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 12:58 Mon 2/24/2014

Originally posted by FrankenBier
Originally posted by brokensail

I was by Progress a couple of weeks ago and all their beers were decent -- nothing to die for but if they were in my neighborhood I’d be a local. And if a keg shows up at my local, I’d order one.

Sad to hear about the others -- I was hoping to manage a stop at Pacific Plate and/or Alosta last week but work interfered. I hate when that happens.

We’ll see what happens but I might make joeneugs stop at Pacific Plate on the way to Stuffed Sandwich and 38 Degrees this Wednesday, in case you want to meet up.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 14:56 Mon 2/24/2014

I’m highly pleased that two people besides myself and Bobby have posted in this thread. I was anticipating this being a public version of a private message thread between us.

FrankenBier
places 2 º 17:28 Mon 2/24/2014

Originally posted by t0rin0

We’ll see what happens but I might make joeneugs stop at Pacific Plate on the way to Stuffed Sandwich and 38 Degrees this Wednesday, in case you want to meet up.

Normally I would, but I leave early Thursday morning on a 10 day trip Bamberg :)

ChazMania
beers 669 º places 13 º 19:50 Wed 2/26/2014

I moved from Pasadena right around the time Haven was opening off Delacey Ave, anyone been there?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 20:16 Wed 2/26/2014

Originally posted by ChazMania
I moved from Pasadena right around the time Haven was opening off Delacey Ave, anyone been there?

Cool place, decent beers. Fun area, good for pub crawls.

For years I scrolled on by when it was Brix 42, and then it closed. Glad the equipment is being used again.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 21:28 Wed 2/26/2014

Their last couple hoppy beers that I’ve had (Azaaca single hop and SoCal Distortion) were both solid. Seem to be getting better.