Pelt Trader

Reads 4959 • Replies 72 • Started Monday, March 11, 2013 6:59:14 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CraftBeerNick
beers 9263 º places 185 º 23:25 Wed 6/26/2013

I took some colleagues here earlier in the week, I had not been myself first, the place does have a weird feel, it’s dark and cavernous. The tap selection is ok, no way enough. Didn’t look finished. No way I would take anyone there again

evergreen0199
beers 5941 º 05:25 Thu 6/27/2013

Yeah, I called in last week for a couple of pints of Tiny Rebel after work. Strange kind of place, bit like a cave. Beer selection isn’t good enough yet, I assume that they will expand it. More space than Euston Tap though. When it is more established I’ll revisit but I’m in no hurry to get back there.

Leighton
beers 33739 º places 1204 º 05:29 Thu 6/27/2013

Also, not sure if others experienced this, but I got zero phone reception in there, which was kind of annoying.

BeerBirraBier
03:17 Mon 7/1/2013

It’s a sign of the times that people are saying they don’t have enough lines in there! I went on Friday and they’ve got ~15 keg lines and ~6 cask lines. How many do you need!?

It’s a slightly cavernous environment in there and it doesn’t feel finished yet but otherwise I really liked it. It’s like the Euston Tap with somewhere to sit down.

I had a pint of Buxton Moor Top and a Moor Nor’ Hop; both were in excellent condition. Bar staff were friendly and appeared to be pretty knowledgeable - one was even drinking at the Craft’s Birthday event the following day.

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 06:16 Mon 7/1/2013

Originally posted by BeerBirraBier
It’s a sign of the times that people are saying they don’t have enough lines in there! I went on Friday and they’ve got ~15 keg lines and ~6 cask lines.

There’s a place opening 5 mins from my house in sleepy south east London next month with 12 keg and 6 cask lines.

It’s going to take a Tørst or Mikkeller & Friends whalez-laden launch to create much of a buzz in London at this stage of the game.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40640 º places 1239 º 06:24 Mon 7/1/2013

As someone who remembers the London beer scene 10-15 years ago - We have never had it so bloody good.

I remember going to the Holborn Whippet not too long after it had opened and thinking hmmm it’s ok but I won’t be visiting here too often as x, y and z bars have a much better selection.

10-15 years ago I’d have been all over the Whippet like a rash, ditto the likes of Pelt Trader and would even have gone sarf of the river for your new local no doubt!

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 06:49 Mon 7/1/2013

Someone leaked a provisional tap list for Mikkeller SF’s opening, when it was planned for the 4th July holiday weekend.

Cue people on BA moaning that it’s a bit disappointing.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/145916542/Mikkeller-Bar-Sample-Beer-Menu

This is the food menu, which looks great.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/145916544/Mikkeller-Bar-Sample-Food-Menu

BeerBirraBier
08:31 Mon 7/1/2013

Originally posted by MannyGoldberg
Originally posted by BeerBirraBier
It’s a sign of the times that people are saying they don’t have enough lines in there! I went on Friday and they’ve got ~15 keg lines and ~6 cask lines.

There’s a place opening 5 mins from my house in sleepy south east London next month with 12 keg and 6 cask lines.

It’s going to take a Tørst or Mikkeller & Friends whalez-laden launch to create much of a buzz in London at this stage of the game.

True. But why does a place have to make ’a buzz’ to be good? If they keep good beer, are reasonably price and have the number of draft beers that The Pelt Trader does, that’s good enough for me. I’d rather have 20 pubs with 15 beers each than 2 pubs with 50 beers each.

madmitch76
beers 37000 º places 240 º 10:15 Mon 7/1/2013

As a stand alone joint - the Pelt Trader is fine. As one of the Euston Tap chain - it’s a dissapointment. I was hoping for bigger and better branch and what we got was bigger, slightly less poky and much less choice. I make no apologies for being dissappointed in that!

Just hope it can be developed but some of my work colleagues have been in (they go home via Cannon St) and they were told the purpose of the place was to service the city staff.

Shame!

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 10:41 Mon 7/1/2013

Its actually not connected to The Tap group, neither is The Whippet for that matter. They also wont be putting any bottles, it’ll be souly draught and they have no plans to add any more lines.